Heat

[ heat

hēt/

noun

1. intensity of feeling, esp. of anger or excitement. ]

Dean really hates how easily his face heats up around Castiel. He doesn't like how it feels when he's almost certain he's blushing when Cas touches his hand sympathetically, or when he grazes his shoulder in the hall. Even when he's sitting at his desk in Spanish class and he starts to think about one day holding his hand as gently as possible- even when Cas isn't anywhere near- he'll feel the blood rush to his cheeks.

Yes, Dean Winchester doesn't daydream about screwing every cheerleader in school. Dean Winchester daydreams about being with Castiel Novak forever.

Today has been a weird day. He's done his part for that stupid club already, which was asking Mr. Singer to become their... what was it called? He doesn't care anymore. It's only an excuse to spend some quality time after school with Cas without it being too noticibly gay, anyway.

His brother also stopped by Mrs. Perkins's room today to drop off some papers. That was okay until he handed him a note as he left the room that said, "going to a party with a friend (a male friend, don't worry, no one needs condoms) tonight. i'll be back by 11 or something and i'll call you if i'm in trouble." Wow, the little snot sure is growing up. It almost brings a fake tear to Dean's eye.

He does wonder why he had to make it so clear he was going with a boy. There's no way there could be 2 gay genes in the family, right? Yeah, probably.

''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''

Sam is actually terrified of a lot of things. Clowns, the thought of Lucifer within 50 feet of himself, and going to parties where everyone is older than him.

That last one's new.

When Sam pulls up in Dean's Impala (it cost him $20 to let him drive it there), Lucifer almost immediately notices and scrambles out the door.

"Sammy! Sam, hurry up. My god, Sam, you're slow. Just come on-"

"Jesus, Lucifer! Hold on!"

Lucifer's eyes downcast and he fidgets with his jacket pockets. "...Okay, sorry."

"Um, so where's that girl? Lilith? Is she inside?" Sam's heart feels like it's about to pop out of his chest. What could possibly be so nerve-wracking about this?

"Yeah, Lilith is inside. Hurry uuuuup. Saaaaam. Come on!" wait, why is Lucifer so flustered?

Even though she's only visible from behind Lucifer, Sam can see that Lilith is really pretty. This causes Sam to believe Lucifer is 100% gay if he doesn't reciprocate those feelings. Long, perfectly curled, silky blond hair. Big brown eyes. A smile that could light up a theater.

"Lilith, hey," Lucifer nervously says as the girl in front of him flips her hair out of her face. She's incredibly gorgeous.

"Oh, hey Lucifer!" she says, locking eyes with him, refusing to aknowledge Sam beside them. It's not even a very flirtatious gensture, more like a threatening glare. "Is this your boyfriend?"

"Um, yeah. Sam Winchester. Goes to a nearby high school." Lucifer glances down to his fake boyfriend.

Lilith makes a face. "How old is he, exactly?"

"18." Sam Winchester is not 18 years old.

"Oh, okay, then. That's not so bad. Real cute."

A slightly horrifying silence occurs between them. It's like a stare down between bloodthirsty rivals. Why? Why is this happening?

"I guess I'll leave yo two, then. I'm sure you both want to go make out in a closet or something now." Lilith just turns on her heel and saunters away.

Sam peeks over to Lucifer and sees something crazy. Lucifer is blushing. Lucifer is really, truly flushed.

The Winchester raises an eyebrow. "You like her, don't you? Why don't you just ask her out? I think she was into you... I mean, it was kinda hard to tell. She also looked kind of scary..." Lucifer isn't watching Lilith push through clouds of college students anymore, though. He's staring at Sam with an astonished expression. An expression like Sam just solved the mystery of the universe or something.

It's an admirable look.

Sam shifts uncomfortably. He's pretty sure Lucifer flirts with him a lot. He can tell that Lucifer isn't 100% straight. He gets it. He knows. But he sure is annoying. With his possessive nature and sandy hair and oceanic blue eyes. How annoying is that?

Hey, it's... it's not very annoying.

In fact, it's pretty hot.

But Sam! You're straight, aren't you? You like girls! You only feel like doing girls. Like that one time... that never happened, nevermind. Or when you- nope, not real. Okay, so maybe you don't like the girls you've known. That doesn't make you gay. Not at all.

"Sam," Lucifer starts, pulling him into a more secluded corner of the crowded, bustling house, "Sam... can I kiss you? One time. I'll never ask you for anything ever again. I promise you."

He's about to say no, or push him far away, or start screaming at him, "I'm not gay!" But he sees those amazingly blue eyes with a hint of begging in them, so he ends up saying a very clear word,

"Okay."

Lucifer brings his hands to his face and draws him in gently, barely touching his lips to Sam's at first. Sam does somthing crazy, though; he drives himself into the wall and wraps his arms around Lucifer's neck, deepening the kiss even more. Lucifer's hands travel downward to rest on his hips to make the position slightly more comfortable. Lucifer pushes himself against Sam in a way the latter had never thought about doing with a boy, much less Lucifer, before. It feels... warm. Safe? He likes the way he can feel Lucifer's heat transferring to him. It's comforting.

The Winchester finally breaks away after 5 full minutes of breathless kissing. "Oh my god," he whispers, trying to take everything in. He removes his hands that were formerlly clasped around his fake boyfriend's neck only to place them on his hands.

"I'm so sorry," Lucifer backs away.

Sam grabs his hand this time, forcing him to stay where he is. "Don't you dare say you're sorry for that."

Lucifer grins. "Are you serious?"

"Just- please don't tell anyone about it. I don't want my brother- or your brother- to know. Not yet, anyway." Sam releases Lucifer's hands and begins to leave.

"Yeah, I got it," Lucifer calls behind him with a huge smile. Well, this night wasn't exactly a failure at all.

''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''//''

A/N: hellooo again! updated pretty quick, yeah. i had the idea right after i published the chapter before so i got to work. this is more of a feel-good chapter, i guess. don't pay it too much mind. hope you like samifer... >:)