•Rise of the Guardians•

Hello! I'm Iris. Nice to meet ya! This is the first book I've done in 5 years now and I'm really excited to get started. I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing :) Have fun in the world of ROTG. See ya at the other side of the story, pal! Say hi to Jack for me!!!
-Author ❤️
••••_______••••••_______•••••______••••

Autumn Season: Rise of the Guardians

*You*

Blue.
The first thing I saw when I woke up was blue.
The color blue way up in the sky.
It was a pretty color. And it was the only thing I knew back then. It was a comforting color. It was just...there. Waiting for me to reach out for it. It's calling me. So I obliged.

I reached my hand up from my side towards the sky. The blue moon stayed there, it's light shining down on my body in the ground. I made a grabbing motion with my hand, as if holding the moon at the palm of my hand. I wanted to hold it. I wanted to be near it. And near it I was. I was suddenly being suspended in the air, slowly lifting off the ground. The moon grew nearer and nearer each second, it's glow brighter than ever. After a few seconds, there I was, in front of the moon. It's shine brought me calm and happiness. I could hear a faint voice in my head.

It said "Welcome back".

  There was no doubt in my head that it was the moon who spoke to me. It-...He introduced himself to me. He said I am Man in the Moon. He had saved me, he said. From what, I didn't know. But I do know that I was grateful for...being back. I slowly descended to the ground again, getting further and further from the warm comfort of Moon's presence. My feet touched the ground firmly, my toes curling at the touch of soil and leaves. I looked down to see dead leaves the colors of red, yellow, and orange. I gaze back up at the moon. He was silent.

  I took this moment to look at myself. I wore a white tattered dress, I was bare-footed, and I had leaves in my hair. Probably from laying on the ground before. I patted my head and felt my hair. It was dirty. Looking around, I noticed I was in some sort of forest. All the trees were the colors of red and orange. Beside a maple tree, I recognized, was a pile of dead leaves, which I came out of. The weird thing about it was that the colors were organized. Red leaves in the bottom of the pile, orange in the middle, and getting lighter towards yellow at the top of the pile. It was odd, but I choose to discard the thought.

  Walking a few steps forward, my foot bumped into something solid, making me look down. Under some leaves was a wooden stick. It was fairly small and short, the color of the tree's trunk thus it would've been hard to spot if I hadn't stepped on it. I leaned down and grabbed the item, putting it closer to my face so I can see better. The stick had little holes in it, it was perfectly polished wood, and had tiny designs in it resembling vines, leaves and berries. It was also a hollow stick, both ends being open. There was a slightly bigger hole than the others near the right end of the stick. Out of pure curiosity, I neared my lips towards the stick's hole and blew. What came out astonished me. A beautiful sound left the hollow stick. When it did, the wind picked up and the leaves in the trees shook about. The leaves from the pile I came out of spiraled into the air like a small whirlwind. I immediately fixed my gaze into the stick, amazed. Could I do that again? I tried once more. I blew into the stick and a harmonious sound came out. The leaves shook with the wind, vines sprout out of the soil and wrapped around the trees forming spirals and beautiful designs on their trunks, apples grew on the trees' branches, the leaves on the ground flew in the air and shifted through the air zooming about, carried by the breeze I created. It was an amazing sight. A delighted laugh left my mouth. Who knew I could do such things?