The 10 Year Plan - The beginning

A/N: Hey there! Thank you for stopping by. This is gonna be a short fanfiction, I'll write probably 4-5 chapters. I hope you'll like it and also sorry because of my English, it's not my native language. 

I was sitting in a restaurant in front of this guy, around 20, bright smile, brown hair and blue eyes, just as I love it. We were talking about music and cats when he excused himself to the bathroom. I knew what was going to happen... So I took my phone out of my bag and called the very first person I could run to when things like that happened.

"He's so amazing and smart and cute. I think he might be the one." I started and tried to smile as wide as I could but I knew my best friend would notice everything in a fraction of a second.

"He's leaving, right?" He asked. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"What do I do wrong, Tyler?" I had no idea why getting a boyfriend was this hard for me. I was a freshman in college, studying art and music, I also had a great background with my family members being lawyers and I literally had everything that could attract a man... or someone who I could call 'man'.

"Where are you?" Tyler asked and I told him the address. "I'll be there in 10 minutes, so stay there, don't even move. I'll bring you something."

We hang up and I did as I was told, sitting there until my best friend showed up with a little bag in his hand.

"I hope he paid for your meal at least." He said without any greetings and hopped on the chair where my ex-date was sitting half an hour ago.

"I don't really care anymore. I'm so tired of this... I'm 20, living alone in a goddamn house at the peak of my youth. Did you hear it? Alone." I was aware that my long-time best friend probably had enough of me and my childish problems, but these were serious for me. I was always in the centre of attention in high school, although I never took anyone, nor this 'ability' for granted. "All I want is someone who cares about me, what I think and what I like. And you know... sometimes I miss someone who would tell me I look beautiful or would wipe off my tears when I'm down."

"What am I to you then?" He asked jokingly, but for a short moment my heart still skipped a beat. He probably saw something got me and quickly covered himself. "I mean I'm your best friend, Julia. I'll be here for these things, too. I would also take you to Taco Bell and even let you eat my taco and trust me, there exist no other man who would do this for you."

I could not help but laugh at this.

"Also, I brought you something." A cheeky smile started to grow on his face and I had an idea what I was getting.

"No, you gotta be kidding me." I said and when he handed me a little envelope it was so hard not to burst out crying. It was a Paramore concert ticket for two.

"Happy Birthday, Julia. You have to bear with me a little longer, at least until August. Cause we're gonna be in LA for this sick concert. Just the two of us!"

"Thank you so much, Tyler, I love you." I couldn't imagine anyone else being happier than me at that moment. He managed to cheer me up, but unfortunately my problems found their way to crawl back to my mind.

I lay down on the table and sighed heavily.

"Not even Paramore could change the fact that I'm going to die alone, Ty. Alone."

"No, you won't." He replied immediately. "You are absolutely amazing and you will find someone."

"You are right, I'll die with my cats. Better." My best friend rolled his eyes and grabbed a napkin.

"I won't let that happen... Do you have a pen?" He asked and earned a confused look from me. "Don't ask anything, just give me a pen." I shrugged my shoulders and searched for something in my bag he could write with. Lucky I was an art student, I had almost everything in my bag that I could use to draw.

I watched curiously as Tyler started to write something on the napkin. I couldn't read it as it was upside down but I could tell it was something interesting, assuming from my friend's facial expressions.

"Here." He handed me the result and I started to read it out loud.

"I, Tyler Robert Joseph and I, Julia Amanda Cole hereby agree to be a couple if still single by the age of 30." I had to read it through again before speaking. "What?" I laughed and put down the napkin. It sounded great though. "Should I..."

"Give me your autograph."

"What?"

"Sign it. If you are in, of course." I looked up at my best friend for reassurance before writing down my name while still chuckling.

"You happy now?" He asked with a huge grin on his face. I adored him for always making me feel better.

"I don't know if it's an amazing thing or extremely awful and... pathetic. You are an idiot." I punched him in the shoulder, but not that hard.

"And you love me."