Prologue

Prologue

"Dear God. I ask you to guide me in every step that I take, protect me from the seen as well as the unseen. I ask you that you work on this relationship and give me the strength to make it through. I am trying, God. I just pray he understands why I feel this way. I'm giving it all to you; so with that, I thank you for already working it out. In Jesus name, Amen"

This was a prayer that I, Sandra McKinney, prayed every morning. From the outside looking in, my life seemed perfect. People see the big house with the fancy car in my driveway, my attractive husband, and a 3month old baby girl and assume that my life is just peaches and cream. But what they don't see is the hurt, frustration and tears that I shed during those lonely nights. What they also don't see is how hard I had to work to build this life. I am a lawyer at "Thomas & Sawyer Law Firm" in downtown Atlanta, Georgia; and I have spent the last few years working my behind off to make partner. But with the new baby and my husband being out of control, my goal is becoming harder and my patience is wearing thin.  What makes everything so hard is that my husband doesn't even respect me. I just pray that God gives me strength to pull through this, or the next step will be to let go.