61 Me

( long )
I don't have a voice until you read this. Let me explain I was without a voice but I still existed. We all did. We have been here ever since the first man peered fearfully out of their caves into the deep, still darkness beneath a moonless sky and thought:" what could be hiding out there?"Us . We were . i've been hiding with you since you were a child. Remember those times when you would wake in the night, inconsolable, tears streaming down your face until the grown-ups came and reassured you?" There's nothing there .' They'd say. " There's nothing to fear .' They were wrong. It was me. Under the bed, in the wardrobe ,under the stairs. It was always me. I am with you now , constantly. Your fear has bonded us forever. When you see that flicker of movement and movement out of the corner of your eyes as you walk home alone and deserted streets at night; when you hear that creaking floorboard just outside your bedroom door as you cower under your blankets ; the prickling sensation on the back of your neck as if you're being watched . It's always me. It always was. I am not a demon, not a ghost. I'm not a monster or some creeping boogeyman-my kind are what we are .You may have heard of the Tibetan 'tulpas'-beings summoned into existence through sheer force of will and concentration. I suppose that is the closest that man has ever come to finding a time that describes me and my kind. We come from belief to. That irrational fear of the dark ; the terror of unknown ;the horrors that tiptoe through your nightmares and return suddenly, without warning during the waking hours, filling you with dread you know it's silly to be scared your chastise yourself , face flushed, tutting and sighing, chiding yo rough imagination for such fancy for a nonsensical behavior, but you do it again and again and again. There's a part of your brain that won't be told otherwise. Maybe that's what keeps us here -or maybe we were the reason it won't ever be quiet. Which do you think it is? I know, just like I know that you're mine is the world's greatest gift to us. Until you started reading this, I didn't have a voice. No as, your treacherous consciousness speaks these words aloud and say the confines of been made, it's my first you're hearing. Thank you. It seems strange to me, not not the voice that I would've chosen, but it  is the one which your fear has bequeathed to me. The voice that haunts you the most, the toll most likely to cause you to shiver and break  into a cold ,  helpless sweat , has become mine because of what we share . And we have shared a lot, you and die. A whole lifetime. Every. Single. Day. I'm watching you know, studying you are just the nervously at your glowing screen, praying that it's light will be enough to protect you from the things in the shadows, because I think I might be the first of my kind to realize something about the way things are between us. I watch  you all the time even when you're sleeping, stood at the foot of your bed, gazing down at you . I know when you're thinking about me. I hear the whimpers and the gas, I see the envelope Ontario Jose and shutters, and I smile. Your picture of me doing it, aren't you? Go on, imagine me standing there in your room, my shuttle looming over your prong, terrified body, me showing my clenching teeth in the moonlight.

Thank you.

Before you did that I never had a face. Now you've given me one - the face of your darkest phobias . I like it. It was the only face I could ever have one. In the short time it's taken you to read my story, you've already given me a voice in the face. I wonder what gifts you'll bestow upon me tomorrow? Maybe, intense, I'll be able to touch you. Just imagine my hot breath against your ear. My cold fingers on the nape of your neck . My teeth and claws sliding into your trembling yielding flesh.

Thank you.

Oh what fun we shall have.

I didn't type this I used my voice . From "Short Scary Stories" by @gingygirl99 . Thanks you . And I recommend people who like riddles to read Riddles by Gemmasibille . Thanks so much for 730 reads . And if you have a story please comment.