Romeo

"How many boys did you love before me?" He asked. I looked at him long enough to see if he's joking, but I can only see the eagerness in his eyes.

"Two." My mind went wild from the thought. "There are two guys."

"Who are they?" I smiled at him and closed my eyes to bring back the memories that I kept and treasured.

"Little-too-late and should've-been." He looked at me with confusion but I only held his hands.

"Enlighten me."

"My little-too-late was the guy I met in high school. He's the guy who never gets late. He likes everything to be early. Early lunch. Early work. Early sleep. Everything's  fine until he came a little too late for me," I tried to recall the moment I bet with him who could go to cafeteria faster. It was how his face shone when he knew I'd lose to him that made me realized I love him. The feeling of young love will always make me crave for more. "He's always there for me, but a little-too-late. Too late for him to realize that he liked me. Too late for him to know we could be better together. Too late to know it could be us."

"My should've-been was the guy I met in college. He's the guy who worries a lot. Worrying what to wear, where to go, when to arrive and who to talk to. These were the dilemmas he always faced until he met me. He worries what to wear if we see each other, where to go if we want to eat, when to arrive if he ask me on a date, and who to talk to if he wants to confess to me." I remembered the time he couldn't even mutter a word in front of me. The way he avoided my eyes when I saw him staring. "He worries too much that he ended up doing nothing. He should've just wore his smile, should've gone to my heart, should've arrived to my door, should've talked to me,"

I took a long breath and looked at the man in front of me. I instantly crawled up to him and hugged him not caring if there's a lot of space in this bed.

"And you are my third and last man."

"You're not early nor late. Always on time for lunch, for work and for me. You came exactly the moment I know I can love wholly." I kissed the tears that fell from his eyes. "You don't complicate things. You wore your smile for everyone to see, you went straight to my heart, you arrived to my door at the exact time I needed you and you told me you love me. At that moment, I already know that I met my always-been."

"You are my perfect-timing and my always-been."