Chapter 6

When Nat, Owen, and Erin got to the apartment they found the brothers asleep. "Look at them," Natalie whispered to Erin. Erin smiled; "I guess they're ok?"

"I'd say so. Come on, I'll put Owen down and we can chat or go to bed; whichever you want to do."

"Yea a little chat would be good," Erin said as she went to curl up on the couch. Natalie tucked Owen into his crib and kissed his cheek. "Sleep tight little man."

She found Erin curled on the couch looking at the picture album. "Will got that out last night," she smiled sitting down by Erin.

"They were cute kids." Natalie laughed as she agreed.

Erin got to the last pictures; "Does Will talk about her?"

"Some. Probably no more than Jay."

Erin nodded. "Yea… Jay was a mama's boy."

Natalie nodded; "So are you ok Er?" They had become good friends over their mutual love for brothers and Natalie was worried about her. Erin nodded.

"Yea, I'm ok. Just been worried about him. I really hope this helped him."

"I'm sure you have too, Er."

Erin sighed. "I dunno about that. His dreams are brutal for him."

Natalie nodded. "It happens when something triggers his PTSD, but he's still Jay."

"Yea I know. I just feel like it was more than just the dreams that were bothering him."

"What do you mean sweetie?"

"There was just something about when he hit me in his sleep. I dunno…. Maybe he'll tell me one day."

Natalie gave her a hug; "I'm sure he will Er. Come on, why don't we go get some rest. I'm sure it's been a long few days." Erin nodded as she yawned. "I'll go wake Will and you can sleep in there with Jay."

"No, no it's fine. I can just sleep here on the couch," she said as she grabbed a blanket to cover up.

"Erin… you don't have to do that."

Before Erin could reply, Will walked out rubbing his eyes. "I thought I heard yall," he whispered. Natalie smiled at him as he walked towards her. "Come on Er go to bed," Nat said and Erin nodded.

As she walked passed Will she gave him a hug; "Thank you for taking care of him," she whispered.

"Of course sweetie. He's fine or he will be I promise." Will gently pushed her into the room where Jay was and quietly closed the door. He walked over and wrapped his arm around Nat and softly kissed her.

"Come on let's go to bed," she smiled at him. Will followed her to their room and crawled in bed. He wrapped his arm around her back as she settled against him with her head on his chest. "You ok?" she whispered kissing his chest.

"Yea… it's just been a long day."

"Jay ok? Erin's been worried about him."

"Yea I think he is now. He just needed to talk."

Natalie nodded as she rubbed his cheek.

"Hey, Nat?" he whispered.

"Yea babe?"

"I wanna share something with you," he whispered. He'd never told this to anyone but Jay, but he wanted Natalie to know everything about him.

"Of course Will. You can tell me anything."

He was quiet for a moment. "Our dad… was abusive; not to me, but to mom and to Jay. He liked me because I was going to be a doctor, be like him." He got quiet again, and Natalie gave him the time he needed. She felt a few tears fall on her hand and her heart broke.