Part 3

I just wanted it all to be over. To go home and forget this happened. But the words kept whispering in my ear, 'no where is safe'. I knew it was true. My whole life had proven that. Being abused from my mother had only left a physical scar, but the rest was mentally scarring, this was one of those times. But I assumed it would be over soon, that whoever took us here will just kill me in the end. At this point I wish he could do it now, or at least soon. My thoughts were interrupted by a girl, not screaming, but talking in a rather calm, but annoyed tone. "So we're all just going to sit here?" She muttered "and do nothing?! " she got louder and angrier as she spoke. I was still speachless, petrified to say a single word, but she was right. But still, we were tied to chairs, how did she expect us to escape? "Don't you think we would try if we could?" Exclaimed another girl. I tried not to talk, but the words just slipped out. "M-maybe we should at least try?" I said trembling. They both looked at me, as if they had seen a ghoust. Their eyes both widened and they looked away, trying not to scream. I turned my head slowly, aghast to see what was there, but there was nothing but bloody handprints. I was still, I looked up and saw a list of names written in blood. 'Mia,Jack,Catherine,Hannah,Mike,Ben and Marcus' in that exact order . I was surprised when I saw my name 'Marcus'. I had no idea what they meant or why they were there, and honestly I didn't want to know. "WHY IS MY NAME THERE?" A woman exclaimed. Her breaths became heavier and I could feel them, they felt like cold slaps on my face. "It's probably nothing" I mumbled, but even I knew it must've meant something. "NOTHING,NOTHING?!" I could understand her rage, and related to it too, but being angry right now isn't going to help any of us. Her screaming was interrupted by a sort of squeezing noise, like nails on a chalk board. I couldn't cover my ears, because my hands were tied up so I had to sit and listen to it until it stopped, and it did. But following it was a deep voice, the same one we heard a few days ago, when that woman was stabbed in the back, the thought of it made me shiver, but so did the sight of the whole room. "I hope your enjoying your stay!" The deep voice laughed. "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" One of the girls screamed back. "No no no, you did this to yourselves the deep voice laughed. The girl leaned back in her chair "w-what?" She whispered to herself, staring down at the dusty ground. "B-but what did we do?" I whispered but the voice seemed to hear me. "You have to figure that out for yourself!" The voice crackled again and faded away.We did this? I thought. I hadn't been the greatest citizen but I had never done anything too bad. The two girls started to cry silently in their chairs. whispering the words, "I'll be okay...". I wanted to think that too but... would we?