Part 7

(A/N: I am really excited for the next few chapters. I might be finishing up this story up within the next 5 chapters. ENJOY AND STAY TUNED!!)

    I skipped through the woods behind Toby. We had become what I would consider friends over the time I spent in the cabin. I could tell that he was happy to have someone who enjoyed annoying the others as much as he did.
    I snapped my head around when I heard a snapping twig. Jeff looked at me with a look that terrified me.
"Wow! You have convinced me that someone can both smile and frown at the exact some time." He glared back.
I turned to Toby and smiled. He grinned back and chuckled.
    "Real funny kid." Jeff hated now if he didn't before my remark.
    "Thanks. Oh and why are you here!? I thought it was just Toby and I."
    "Sorry to interrupt your guys date or whatever but you are heading over to fix the problem that I created. I might not care about you but I know that Slendy would kill me if anything happened to you."
    "First of all, it's not a date if we're going to kill people. Second of all, EW!! Third of all, why does Slender care so much?" Jeff and Toby both hesitated. They looked at me with not anger but understanding.
    "The boss used to be an outcast like all of us. He sees the pain we go through and he helps us even though we have to pay the price of admission. He takes kindly to newbies. We all went through what you're going through at one point or another." Toby looked down and nodded with Jeff.
    "And going to kill people can be considered a date!" Jeff smirked at what he truly believed was a comeback.
    "EEEEW!!" Toby and I both exclaimed and then we immediately started to laugh at each other.
    The trek through the woods wasn't as grossly silent and tension filled as the last time we passed through the forest. Jeff wasn't nearly as moody as he usually was. Even though he would never intentionally show any pleasure for anything I couldn't help but notice his change in behavior. For the first time I thought that his carved smile suited him.
    The three of us walked side by side. None of us minding when the others shoulder shoved into another's. We walked so closely as a result of the trees growing together.
    The warm climate between all of us abruptly stopped when the sound of sirens were in earshot. We all stalked up to the house. The police sirens weren't at the house. They were maybe a block away which was a very pleasant surprise.
    "Hey! You ready for you're first organized killing spree?" Toby's eyes glittered. I guess that's what happens when he's about to kill a lot of people.
    "Yeah!" I smiled back without fault. I knew that there was no going back to what I was before but something in my heart clenched at the thought of more death.
    "Oh and guys," Jeff spoke gruffly "I get the little boy!"
    "Deal" I responded in way more of ominous tone then needed. Probably a result of the conflicted feelings deep inside of me.
"Jesus girl! Why the terrifying tone?"
"I have no clue!" Toby and I started to giggle again. Thank god for Toby.
    "And we can get the parents?" Jeff seemed to be the boss of the mission and being so new to the "profession" I wouldn't make a choice without one of the pros permission.
    "I think you need a new name for the 'kid'. You're the fastest newbie to ask for a kill." Toby gave me a high five. I smiled.
Why did I offer to kill when I didn't need to? So stupid!!
By the time his eyes turned back to the house it was clear that there wouldn't be any more joking until the job was done. Jeff started to stalk off to the house but I grabbed his wrist.
"What!?" His eyes were filled with annoyance.
"Don't you think it's odd that the police aren't on the property or anywhere near it. Even if the police weren't involved in the case which is doubtful, wouldn't the family at least move out for a bit. Don't you think it's the tiniest bit weird."
"Maybe Slendy sent a diversion before us. Maybe everyone in this city is an idiot. I don't really care. All I know is that the house is clear and I need to finish this." He had a point. A vague one but still a point.
Jeff climbed up to the kids window. He checked carefully in the room to make sure that he didn't make the same mistake twice. He took his knife and skillfully unlocked the window. He jumped through. All Toby and I heard was a tiny screech and then nothing.
    We took the cue and followed him up to the window with much less skill than he demonstrated.
By the time we made it in the kid was dead. There was blood all over the carpet and the little boys body was thrown to the floor. The body probably ended up there by the kids escape attempt. I snuck out to the hall and allowed myself a moment to gag at the smell of blood. I covered my mouth and soon enough tears were coming down by the gallon.
I wiped my tears away when I noticed Jeff was glaring at me. Toby leaned out of the door behind Jeff. His goggles covering his eyes and his mouth guard covered his dependable grin so it was hard to see his expression. He then gave me a dramatic thumbs up. I nodded and moved down the hall.
    I walked into the first open door. White paint covered every wall. Jeff's favorite setting for a kill. A middle aged woman lay asleep in the king sized bed. Jeff and Toby stood behind me. More like Jeff stood and Toby leaned through the doorway.
    "You said there was a father right?" Jeff nodded skeptically.
    "Then where is he?" I looked to Toby.  He had pulled the goggles down to his neck and was looking down to me with giant puppy eyes.
"Why are you staring at me? I'm not in charge." Toby's eyes crinkled and I knew he was smiling. He snuck up to the bed and stabbed the woman just below the throat. She would die fast but with pain. I looked away as the light went out of her eyes.
    We moved on down the long hall. Toby opened every door just for the purpose of annoying Jeff. I joined him in the annoying process until we came to the end of the hall. I opened the last door. There was no one there. The bed looked slept in and the walls were covered in little kid drawings.  
    I walk further into the room. Then the man was behind me. He threw me against the wall and kept his fist around my neck.
Oh god!! What if he kills me!?
Toby rushed forward immediately while Jeff waited a moment. I saw them trying to pry his hands off of my neck. The man was quite a bit bigger built than the both of them and their struggles had almost no affect on them.
    I kicked the man as hard as I could in the abdomen. He let me go for a quick moment and grasped his stomach. I pulled out my knife and ran towards him. Toby and Jeff stepped back for a moment as it appeared I was winning the fight.
I jumped on his back and thrust the knife just below his chest. I covered his mouth as not to let him scream.
    In all of the chaos my fingers weren't covering his mouth correctly. He bit down hard on my middle finger. I know I can't scream. I know I can't alert the neighborhood. I pulled my injured hand away from him. Toby was back in on the fight in a split second. The man threw one of his hands back and grabbed my hair as Toby struggled to restrain his other hand.
He pulled harder on my hair but the pain in my hand was worse than the pain in my head. I try to grit my teeth to stop the screams from coming out. I fell off of the mans back just as Jeff uttered his killing phrase and ended the mans life.
    I got up on my feet and stumbled because of the pain in my head. My hand was bleeding but it didn't appear that bad to me.
Toby was by my side in an instant.
"Are you ok!? How many fingers am I holding up!?" He held up seven fingers.
"Five fingers." I tried to sound sarcastic but the pain in my voice didn't give any reason to believe I was joking.
"Oh boy!! She must of hurt herself really bad." He picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the room and down the hall.
"I was kidding. I'm fine, really. Put me down!" Just then I started to feel unbelievably dizzy.
"Ugh! My head." My former statement was ignored and Toby refused to put me down until we got to the cabin. The rest is really fuzzy.