The Awkward IM

Rachel Elizabeth Dare was in San Francisco. Something about some kind of benefit. Boring. She and her parents had been in town since a few days ago, yet they hadn't really done much. They stayed in their luxurious hotel room, sitting on the balcony sipping expensive drinks. Rachel, on the other hand, had gone sightseeing. She took some time to admire the Golden Gate Bridge and wandered around getting a taste of the city. It was around four when her cell phone rang.

"Hey Rachel! I heard you were in San Francisco!" It was Annabeth.

Rachel nodded, then remembering that Annabeth couldn't see her, said "Yeah"

"Well, I'm visiting my dad for a few weeks again. Why don't you drop by? You could sleep over."

"Are you sure that would be ok with your parents?" Rachel asked

"Yeah. My dad is actually the one who suggested it. Turns out, he does have some good ideas once in a while."

They both laughed.

"Sure! " Rachel said, "What's the address?"

"And he's a great boyfriend, its just…well he's a little too great actually." Annabeth sighed.

"What do you mean?" Rachel asked in between spoonfuls of ice cream.

"Let's see… He walks me home, then kisses me on the CHEEK, and refuses to come inside. If we're making out on his couch, he stops before it "gets too far", even though no one else is home. When I change in front of him, he actuallylooks away! What kind of BOY looks away? I wear more revealing clothes than usually, and he doesn't even GIVE A SHIT."

"Uh…Annabeth…"

But Annabeth was on a roll. "I mean, SERIOUSLY! Can't he take a fucking hint!"

"Annabeth…" Rachel warned.

"I know, I'm sorry, excuse my French. But really? Is he that FUCKING STUPID?"

"…Annabeth…really…"

"I know, I know, I apologize for my use of language."

Rachel opened her mouth to say something, but Annabeth cut her off.

"Am I really that unattractive? I'm starting to think there's something wrong with me. Why else wouldn't he want to sleep with me? I'm gross right? I'm ugly? Is that it?"

Rachel opened her mouth again.

"Maybe Percy's just stupid. I mean, most teenage boys are all over anything with boobs! And yet HE JUST CAN'T TAKE A FUCKING HINT!"

"Annabeth."

"I know, Rach, this is so unlike me!"

"No. That's not it…just…Turn around."

Annabeth scrunched up her eyebrows and slowly turned around.

And there, standing in the IM, listening to the whole conversation with his eyebrows raised so high that they were in danger of escaping, the one and only…

Percy Jackson.

"…Oh shit."

(so this isn't my story, but I wanted to finsh it off its by iluv2smile on fanfiction.net so go read it its great! It's call Awkward IM's)

"So...he....Percy...hi...,"

"Really annabeth?" He said, while she bit her lip, her and her stupid mouth!
Why didn't she listen to Rachel?!

"Yes?"

"Is that what you think? Your ugly? Cause you know that's not true.
Your beautiful,"

I smiled