Chapter 4

Cat's POV

I'm standing in the hallway, thinking about what just happened. Jemna threatened me! How am i supposed to not hang out with Robbie? He is my best friend! My legs are shaking and my heart beats insane fast. My arm hurts because Jenna was holding it hard. I go to the next class. I am very late. 'Cat! So you decided to come anyway?' Mrs. Denver, my math teacher asked. I sigh. 'I am sorry, Mrs. Denver, i had to use the bathroom' i lie. The teacher looks at me like she knows i'm lying. 'For 10 minutes?' She frowned. 'Yes, ma'am, but it won't happen again'. She nods and i sit down. Jade looks at me from the back of thd class. 'Cat, are you okay?' She asks. 'Yes, why wouldn't I be okay?' I say. 'Wel., you look pretty nervous and you're shaking like hell.' Jade says. 'No, i am not nervous' I say and try to smile. I fake a laugh. Jade doesn't seem to believe me, though.

After class, i go the soda machine and get myself a Wahoo Punch. Jenna walks by and gives me a short look, but then walks away. I sigh relieved. Robbie walks to me. I panic. Shit! 'Hey Cat' he says. I think about Jenna's words. 'Sorry, i can't talk right now' i say and run away screaming. I run away scared. I can't ever see him. I hide myself in the girls bathroom. I look in the mirror. Running made me tired and my head is all red and sweaty. 'Caaaat!' I hear Robbie. He's proprably looking for me. Fear comes up and i make a little noise. Please don't find me, i beg in thoughts. I drink my Wahoo Punch, trying to calm myself down. But i freak out inside. I see Jenna in my head and my brain is imagining scènes in my head what happened if Jenna caught me talking to Robbie. After 5 minutes, i am finally a little calm. I'll just avoid Jenna and then i won't get into trouble. I just hope i still can have fun with Robbie. He is a cutie and i can't let him go.

ROBBIE's POV

It's lunch time and i'm sitting on one of those blue tables at the cafetaria with Tori, André, Beck and Jade. My girlfriend Jenna walks to me. She has her cheerleader outfit on. 'Hey babe' she says and comes sit next to me. 'Hi sweetie' i say and give her a kiss. Kissing Jenna feels still wrong. I'd rather kiss Cat. 'Aawh, i've missed your lips. ' she says. Her face smiles at me snd her blue eyes look happy and in love. 'Oooh, so you two are still dating, huh?' Tori says. 'Why wouldn't we be?!" Jenna says and looks weird at Tori. Tori is obvious surprised by Jenna's reaction. 'Sorry, no need for the look' Tori says. 'I was just asking'. Jenna glares at Tori. Why is Jenna doing that? Tori didn't do anything wrong. I wanna ask her, but then she kisses me. Jenna is a good kisser. We're making out. I feel her warm, wet tounge in my mouth. I hold Jenna tight and we don't let go. I still feel uncomfertable. I wanna make out with Cat! I break the kiss. Jenna looks up dissapointed. 'What's wrong?' She says. Her eyes look a little sad. 'Nothing' I say. 'I have to go'. Without answering questions, i pick up my food and walk away. Jenna runs after me, but i ignore her. 'Babe, i love you!' She yells trough the school. I Search for Cat. 'Cat? Cat?' I yell. Weird, i can't find her. I ask some people if they have seen her, but nobody has seen my sweet Cat Valentine. I am worried.

After 5 minutes i find her. She doesn't seem happy to see me. 'Where have you been all day?' I say. 'Right after every period you just dissapear. Why?' Cat looks upset. 'It is nothing' she says. She puts two steps away. I notice. Why is Cat acting like this? Like she is afraid to see me. To stand near me. 'Cat, come closer' i say. 'No' Cat says and runs away from me. I don't understand! Confused i stand there. I sigh. Did i do something wrong? I walk to thd library with Cat in my thoughts.

After school, i go home. Today has been a weird day. After lunch, we still had some periods and Cat has been acting weird in each one. She wasn't as giggly and cute as usual and at one point I even saw she was about to cry. Jade mentioned it too but Cat told her to shut up. I couldn't believe it. Cat told JADE to shut up?! That is a huge risk nobody wants to take! But luckily Jade did not smack her because she was too surprised by Cat.

I put Rex on my bed and turn on the tv. I hear my dad coming home. I sigh. Great. And it was just so quiet here. He opens the door of my room. 'ROBBIE SHAPIRO!' He yells. I scream. Oh my god, he is angry, but why? 'W-w-what's wro-o-ng?' I stutter. 'You got a D- for cheomistry!?' He yells. He looks very mad and his head is all red. I can see his eyes spitting fire and his hands so strong. Yes, i did got a bad grade on my test, but it was really hard! 'It was difficult' i say. My dad looks at me. 'DIFFICULT? YOUR EXISTENCE IS DIFFICULT!' He says. He grabs me by my neck. That hurts! My father's hand is a fist. 'Father, please do not..-' before i can finish my sentence, he hits me in the eye. And in my left cheek. He can't stop hitting and the pain is horrible. My nose is bleeding and i have a Black eye. My father put me down and walks away. I cry. It hurts so bad! And just because of a bad grade! I always knew my dad never loved me snd that he was violence but it gets worse every day. I lay on the cold ground and having much pain. Tears roll down my face and i don't even stop them. My face hurts..

JADE's POV

It is 6:30 PM and i'm at Karaoke Dokie. Beck is sitting next to me. I wait for Cat. Hurry up. I sit there impatient. Where is she? She was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago. Beck sees i'm frustrated and holds my hand. 'Relax, babe' he says as he kisses me on the cheek. 'NO!' I yell. Nobody tells me what to do. 'She'll be here any minute' he says. I glare at him. Beck is a nice guy, but so stupid sometimes. After ten minutes she is still not at Karaoke Dokie. That tears it, i'm leaving. I get my purse and i walk out, when i see Cat arriving, running. She rushed inside. 'Cat, where were you?' I asked her. 'I am sorry' Cat says. She is sweating and her pretty red hair is a mess. 'I had to run! My pink bike is stolen! And i was late, because my brother needed help.' Ugh, Cat's brother is so strange. Like Sikowitz, bit 1000 times stranger. 'Anyway, are we gonna sing Oath?' I ask. Oath is a song from Cher Lloyd, about being best friends. Cat and I are best friends, so i'm okay with that song, even though i think it's too much bubblegum pop. I see Cat has her doubts. 'I don't know' Cat says. She looks at me. 'I wanna sing Invisible by Taylor Swift.' Invisible? I know that song, but i don't like Taylor Swift. 'That song is so stupid' I say. 'Please, Jade! The song really fits my situation right now!' Cat says. What? What situation? Is there something Cat won't tell me? Cat realises what she just says and quick covers her mouth with her hand. 'Nothing, nevermind' she says. 'I am not singing invisible' I say. 'Fine!' Cat says. 'I will just sing it solo!' I am amazed when i see Cat just running on stage and grabbing a microphone. She might be dumb and giggly, but she is very brave. She tells the man behind the music thingy to play 'Invisible.' Everyone at Karaoke Dokie is watching Cat. She holds the mic tight and looks at the audience. She smiles at me, but then turns her head. I see fear in her eyes. The song starts playing and Cat takes a deep breath. Come on, Cat, you can do it.