Hired

I started this job about a year ago and it isn't half bad. Feeding the herbivores on the island isn't that hard of a job and it gives decent pay too, the animals here are fascinating and mostly harmless, the other workers are nice as well. My pocket suddenly vibrates so I take out my phone, answering the call.
"Hi, Claire."
"Hey, I was wondering if you could come up to the lab and check something out for me."
"I'm not sure if I can, I still have to get to the Triceratops paddock and..."
"Don't worry, I'll sort it. I need you here now."
"Okay, be there in a minute."
The way Claire had demanded me meet her had kind of scared me, she'd never been that serious with me before.

I made my way over to the main building, passing through the Carcharodontosaurus hologram and weaving through the kids who were dumbfounded by the blue light. Walking up the stairs I noticed Claire, standing at the other side of floor one, talking to someone who's back was facing me.
"Hello, (y/n)." Claire said, noticing me as I got closer.
"Hi Claire, what did you need?"
"I'd like you to meet Simon Masrani, CEO of Ingen."
The man turned to face me and said
"Nice to meet you, (y/n)."
"You too!"
"Now then, down to business. Shall we?" Masrani turned to face the glass doors and strode toward them, flashing his ID at the scanner, letting us through.

It's only been a few minutes and I feel like I'm being interrogated. We're in a completely white room, sitting around a table and discussing employees.
"Do you know who this is?" Masrani shows me picture of a young guy, 20-ish who I don't recognise.
"No."
"So you don't know what happened this morning?" Claire asks.
"I haven't got a clue what you're talking about!"
Claire and Simon exchange grim glances and then look at me.
"At 10:30 am this morning, this boy fell into the raptor paddock while feeding the dinosaurs." Claire states.
"Oh god! Is he okay?" I exclaim.
"He's in critical condition at the infirmary, but we're sure he will make it." Masrani chips in.
"We have a replacement coming in soon."
I look at Claire for some kind of hint or guidance as to what's going on but she's too busy organising the accident files.
"With all due respect sir, but I'm still not entirely sure what you're telling me for."
Masrani pauses and seems to think for a few seconds.
"We need you to visit the Velociraptor paddock on the other side of the park. We'd like to know if you can investigate the paddock to check for any weaknesses so that we can avoid an accident like this happening again." Masrani declared.
This shocked me. I was unsure as to why I'd be chosen for such a job.
"I'm afraid carnivore behaviour and containment isn't in my area of expertise, Masrani. And I'm clueless as to why I'd be chose for the job."
"All we need is a second opinion, (y/n). We've had some others look too. You'll be teamed with Owen Grady, an expert raptor handler."
Masrani hands me another picture of another man. I blink at the picture for a few seconds, this guy was hot!
"If you accept the job then we will have a chauffeur outside your living quarters at 9:45am tomorrow morning, then you will meet Owen at the paddock. If you do accept then please sign here on the document."
"Sure, why not." I sigh, wondering about that guy in the picture. I couldn't wait to meet this 'Owen Grady' because he was honestly the best looking person I've ever seen. Of course I wouldn't hit on him, chances are that he's not into guys anyway. But it would be nice to meet and get to know...
"(y/n)?"
"Oh, sorry. I'll sign it now."