An intruder...

Jacks p.o.v
  We were in the living room, it was now night time and I was just looking around when a little heart-shaped box caught my attention. "What is that?" I ask. "Wha- oh the music box?" Mark asked. "Yeah that." "This music box was given to me by my mother the day I moved here to l.a." He said. "Where is she?" I ask. "My mom, she is in Cincinnati which was were I was born in." He replied. "Cool." (The box looked like this)

  We decided to watch TV, but since there was nothing cool, we just watched the news. I wasn't really listening until they said something that caught my attention. "Breaking News: An inmate has escaped prison and he is armed and really dangerous so we advise you to lock all doors and windows. We repeat: he is dangerous and armed. Anyone who is able to capture him will be rewarded with $180,000 " "The chances of him breaking in the house is very slim, but we'll be safe and lock all doors and windows." Mark says. "Ok." I respond.

  We later finished and decided to head to bed but since there is only one bed I'll just sleep on the rug. "Jack, you can stay on the bed, ill go the couch" Mark says "No thanks, I don't want to take it up. Besides, the rug is acually really soft and comfy." "Are you sure?" "Yeah." I respond. "Ok, good night jack, good night chica." Night" I say Chica just huffy. "G'night." I respond, soon falling asleep.

Time skip to 5am

   I suddenly jolted awake when I heard something being knocked down. I guess mark head it to because he also got up and went to the door I followed behind him and we saw a man, taking things. I saw him grab the little music box and mark was furious and ran to the man. I wasn't able to stop him so just ran after him. The man pinned him down. I suddently smelled something really strong. It smelled like silver and copper. It clicked in my brain quickly. A knive and gun. The man took the knive out of his pocket and closed it up to marks neck. I leaped forward and knocked him down and bit him. He yelled in pain he tried to get me off but I bit harder. He suddenly slashed be in my foot (paw to be exact. Since he's a dog rn) he made a deep cut and I fell to the ground in pain. He dropped the knives and pinned mark down again, but this time take out a gun and aims it marks chest. I jumped back up and charged at the man, this time knocking him down and him dropping the gun. I bit harder on his arm and he yelled in pain. I eventually tasted a copper-like taste. I had drawn blood. Mark called the police.

   I greeted with a hard smack to the ground. The guy and fallen and he fell on my foot which was injured which only made he bite harder. He yelled in agony until the cops arrived. They later arrived. They arrested him and tended to his wounds while another person cleaned my cut. My leg was  wrapped in something and I stood up but fell down due to the sudden pain. I just layer on the floor. A cop later told came up to me and mark and said, "You were very lucky. If it wasn't for your dog, you could've been killed instantly. Also, we've now captured him and your reward shall be given in some days. By the way, the box he was about to steal is very expensive, valued at apparently $150,000. You were indeed, very lucky sir. Good day" the cop said and they later all left. (I honestly have no idea how it works so bear with me here.) I just limped over to the couch and layed down. The sun had risen and I was exhausted. Mark sat down next to me and said, "Thanks for saving me from getting killed." His eyes depicted sadness. It was easy to tell.

   "Why are you sad?" I asked. "I'm not sad." He replied "don't lie to me. I can see it in your eyes. Tell me, why are you sad?" I asked again. "I feel bad that because of me, your hurt. You also look like your in pain." He said sadly. "Don't feel sad. The pain will face and the wound will heal." I say. "Still, I feel bad. How about if I breakfast since it's already morning" Mark said. "Sure." "What would you like." He asked. "Anything really." I replied. "Pankackes and bacon?" He asked. "Sure"  He got up to make breakfast while I rested. What a way to wake up...

Haiiiii sorry for not updating but I was so exited that my other story had gotten 60k 😅😂 hope you enjoyed another terrible chapter. Baii