4. (Nicks POV)

Something's wrong. Something's going on with Demi. I know her better than she knows herself so for her to come out and smile like I couldn't see the tears behind her eyes, and the redness all over face then there's really a problem. I wrap my arms tightly around her waist before sitting us up and asking about what's going on. She told me about hers and her moms phone call and I get quite a nasty feeling. Maddie is like my little sister, she wouldn't do those kinda things right? God, I can only imagine how Demi's been feeling. I let her cry it all out before playing with her hair until she finally goes to sleep. God, I love her. She's my best friend. Couldn't ask for anyone better. I slide off the couch to grab a snack and before going to my room and packing my stuff to go visit Demi's family tomorrow. While doing so I called Demis mom to check up on Maddie. She says she wants to see Demi soon so I can't wait to surprise them tomorrow. While I'm up I walked to Demi's room to make sure she's all packed up grabbing her duffle bags out of the closet. Almost done packing her things I notice a black cd case. Laughing at how ancient cd cases are I open it up and the pit of my stomach drops. Inside were no cds but a notepad with food intake, sharp tools, and a first aid kit. I haven't seen her with anything like this in years and it scares the fuck out of me. I take all her stuff to the door and hide the cd case in my stuff wandering how long it'll be before she looks for it. I don't want to jump to conclusions but why would she even have something like that?? She's been doing so good. I might be over reacting. I'll take it with me and see if she comes looking for it. I love her more than anything. Smiling down at her I pick her small body up and take her to my bed cuddling her until we're both sleeping the night away.