Chappie 3: Beauty Sleep

GRYFFINDOR

I walked over to the Gryffindor table and plonked down between Sirius and James.

"Are you ok?" Asked Sirius, looking at me anxiously.

"Why shouldn't I be?" I asked.

"Well, you fall in the lake and got grabbed by something, I think that gives us the right to be concerned" said Remus.

I looked at their genuine faces and burst out into laughter, a few people looked at me weirdly but I ignored them.

"Shouldn't you, who have known me for a few hours have more brain in your spectacularly large head to realise the whole purpose of my life is to prank people?!"

They looked at me, still confused and I waved my hand to dismiss the subject.

"So 'chick-A-geddon' where did that come from?" Remus asked, a slightly amused expression on his face.

"I was bored and I wondered what it would do a couple of schools back. I got expelled for it." They looked at me weirdly "What!?" I exclaimed "haven't you randomly experimented with spells before?"

"Err.. well I did once..." started James

"It blew up in his face and burnt all his hair off" completed Sirius.

"And that folks, is why you should never use unknown spells on yourself without trying them on other people first" I laughed.

Then I stuffed my face.

«»§«»

I lay on the couch in the common room groaning and poking Remus who was calmly reading a book.

"Reemmyyyyy! do something Remy! your so boring Remy!"

"And what is it you want me to do?"

"Anything! your being boring!"

"I'm going to bed. see you in the morning guys!"

Everyone said bye and he headed up to bed. A while after that Peter and Sirius followed.

I looked at James who was asleep on the couch and summoned a quill and ink from my trunk. Being the expert I am I didn't make so much as a squeak as I quietly drew a monobrow and goatee on his face. Standing back to study my work I realised something was missing, but what?

I scribbled a bogey hanging down from his nose, pulled out me wand and whispered:

"Adtractis vitam"

The drawing suddenly seemed 3D and more realistic. As a final touch I scribbled 'Don't tell anyone' on his cheek and headed upstairs.

I was greeted by a redhead who introduced herself as Lilly. She seemed all right, I mean... she was a bit of a know-it-all but she sure could yell, I could tell in her voice that she naturally had a loud voice. Might be something to do with how she seemed to be talking about James. They probably fought a lot.

I looked around at the neat room and nearly puked. It was too neat!

"Do you mind if I trash this place or would you rather I not?" I asked

"Obviously I would mind! do you know how much effort I put into keeping this tidy?" she asked

I drew the line there,

"Adpipstodi" I whispered, pointing my wand at the bed. with a small swishing sound it got sucked into my wand. duvet and all.

"Where did you learn that?" asked Lilly admiringly.

"Made it up." it was obvious she wanted to know more but being the smarty pants she is didn't press the subject

"See you in the morning!" I yelled, levitating my trunk and walked out if the dorm.

I marched over to the boys dorms and entered the one with '4th years' hanging on the door and pushed open the door to reveal a sleeping Peter and Sirius while Remus sat up in bed and looked at me.

"I'm sleeping here, Lilly's a neat freak."

He nodded and watched as I mumbled "Tollinquo" and the mattress plopped down beside the window.

I lay down in it and slowly fall asleep.

«»§«»

"Shh! Your going to wake her!"

"Prongs, have you got the camera?"

"This isn't a good idea... what if she's mad?"

"Of course she won't be mad! if we don't wake her!"

"Guys quiet! I got the camera!"

"Great Prongs! now take it"

I heard a click and leapt out of the bed, wand already in my hands to start cursing whoever took that photo into oblivion.

"I told you she'd be mad." squeaked Peter.

"Dam right I am! Bombarda!" I yelled pointing my wand at the camera. James yelped and jumped back as it exploded.

"Awww, but your cute when your sleeping" Sirius said.

I slapped him.

"What are you doing in here anyway?" Asked James.

"Sleeping cause Lilly's a neat freak and I simply can't be in that room for more than five minutes." I said, "by the way, what's the time?"

"9:45"

"Holy Mc Gyvers dipped in cheese toast I'm late for herby!" I yelled summoning some clothes and running to the bathroom. I had a two minute shower and got dressed before concentrating and sorting out my hair.

I love being a metamorphogus!

I quickly ran out of the dorm and down the staircase. if I hadn't been so focused on getting to class on time I would have herd Remus say

"Do you think we should tell her its not until this afternoon?"

Before I dived out the portrait and sprinted down the corridor.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Am I getting better? I still need characters though so keep sending them in.

I dedicate this chapter to AlwaysSnape394, author of 'Ellie Longbottom' and my good friend.

Thank you!

-H.R.K.Osgood