Chapter 22

It's been a week already that I didn't go to school. I feel so broken and shattered. My parents and bestfriends called to check on me so I said I was okay and I'm going to school tomorrow which I think is not happening.

"Sam, you've gotta help yourself, you know. Look at you." Clarice said while fixing her things for school.

"Hmmm..." I drained my lemonade. I don't look that terrible. Do I?

"You're going to school tomorrow." Clarice ordered.

"No. Just give me one more week..." I said.

"Yes. You. Tomorrow. School." Clarice said like a mother scolding her child and I don't wanna argue anymore.

"k."

"You know, you need to move on. Forget that Mike. He's not worth thinking for. 1 week of crying is more than enough."

"You're right." I smiled at her so that she'll just stop her lectures. I wanna be alone.

"Okay. Be a good girl, Sam. Bye." Clarice kissed my cheek and left. She's going back to school. Everyday, she's checking on me during lunch and go back to school again.

I went to my room and looked at myself in the mirror. I look so wrecked. So ugly and disgusting. My eyes were red and puffy. My hair is like a nest and I stink. I haven't shower for a week. Ew I know. This has to end. I'm always like this. After a break up, I kept on brooding on day and crying at night. I should be strong, hiding all the pain I feel inside.

I sat down on the edge of my bed and thinking if I'm going to take a shower or not. Yes. I should. I walked to the bathroom and took a shower. I wore a simple white shirt, black skinny jeans and brown sandals. I swiped some mascara and put some pink lip gloss. So, what am I gonna do know? I just looked myself on the mirror and I still looked horrible. Maybe, it's time for a change. Yes. I need to change. First step, move on. Second, love myself more. Third, don't fall in love. Ugh. They are so difficult. The first is step so difficult to do. How can I do that? Oh. I know. First step move one: I'll take Macho for a walk. It has a lot of benefit. I can unwind and do a little exercise and Macho also needs a lot of physical activities. The vet said that Macho is overweight and it's not healthy for him.

I walked out from my room and grabbed Macho's leash and put it on to him. I remember who gave me the leash and I feel like throwing it away but Macho only got one leash. I better get a new leash soon.

"Let's go, boy." The elevator opened and we got in.

We walked to the streets and almost everybody is staring at me. I know, I know that I look so horrible. Stop staring at me because it's rude.

Macho and I kept on walking. I don't know where we are going because Macho is leading the way.

It's starting to drizzle so I stopped and pulled Macho but he kept on walking so I followed him. The drizzle turned into a rain. A strong one with lightning and thunder so we were both wet.

"Macho, let's go!" I felt scared. It's so unsafe here outside but Macho didn't listen, he stuck his tongue out to caught the rain and rolled on the wet muddy ground and shook his fur when he stood up. Water with mud sprinkling all over me.

"Ewe." I squealed and laughed. This is kinda fun, playing with your dog under the strong rain but not with lightning and thunder. I think this is the first time I laughed since that break up.

We played in the rain for a long time and I hailed a cab because the rain is getting stronger and stronger It's like a storm.

Macho and I shivered inside the cab because it's too cold. I'll be paying the driver thrice as the original fare because we're wet and Macho is so dirty with all the mud on his fur.