3. Going Out?

Applejack's POV

What was Rarity playing at? She couldn't possibly know I liked girls, no one did...yet she seemed to flirt with me so easily. Unless she liked girls, too...impossible. Rarity was always all over the guys at our school, so she was obviously straight. Besides, she wasn't even my type, not remotely. Yet I couldn't help but feel a strange attraction towards her.

I pushed those thoughts aside and focused on my reflection in Rarity's full length mirror. After she had done my makeup, and beautifully, I might add, we had gone back to her room to acessorize. I now had on the red dress, along with black heels and several thin, gold bracelets. Rarity's outfit was identical to mine, except she wore a white dress and silver bracelets.

"Well, now that we're all dressed up, we should go out," she said excitedly. I panicked for a minute. Go out? Was she asking me out on a date? No freaking way.

"Oh, um, where do you wanna go?" I asked carefully, biting my lip.

Rarity looked at me and grinned. "Well, Pinkie's having a party tonight, so that should be fun. Plus, I heard there will be tons of hot guys there."

I breathed a sigh of relief. So she wasn't asking me out. "Yeah, that sounds great," I said, forcing a smile. I wasn't really one for parties, and it wasn't like I was into guys, anyway. But Rarity wanted to go, so I guess I had no choice but to tag along.

************

Thanks for reading chapter 3! I hope y'all are enjoying the story so far. Feel free to leave any suggestions, and don't forget to vote and/or comment. :)