2) The Bracelet

My bother is marrying Quinn's sister. Now she can't date me.. but she'll still hit on my and be at family reunions.

I sigh.

"Why me.."

Ring Ring

I look over at my phone and see someone calling me.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kai. You busy Saturday? The guys are going to the movies. Wanna join us?" My friend Kyle says.

"Sure. Sounds cool." I say.

"Ok. Later dude."

"Later."

-----

I wake up the next morning with Ben, my dog, laying next to me.

I scratch his head. He looks at me.

"Good morning Ben."

He wags his tail.

I smile at his constant happy attitude.

I turn my head to look at my wrist and remember I have the bracelet. I sigh.

I need to find out where this came from.

I get up and look at the bracelet. I see four letters on the back.

A.S. M.P.

"Hmm." I say to myself.

I sigh.

"Well.. maybe when I have time I will."

I get dressed and leave my house.

My mom and dad already left for work, leaving me to lock up the house.

I drive through town. Most people are getting their morning coffee but I just eat an apple I brought in the car with me. I pull into a parking lot near the city's movie theater and walk around.

"Mom I want that puppy!" Says a little girl as I pass a pet shop.

I stop and look in the window.

A little black and brown puppy looks at me.

"Awe." I say out loud.

I see a guy walk past me in the reflection of the window. Over hearing my comment he takes it as though I have a soft side for dogs. "Weak." He says under his breath.

I roll my eyes and keep walking down the street. When suddenly a break between buildings emerges, I turn and look as I pass an alley.

I look down farther into it and notice a sign.

Antique Shop

"A.S." I say softly to myself.

I walk down the alley and see the door is closed. I lean against the window and see a girl inside with an old lady.

I feel my body falling forward and the door swings open from the weight of my body being pushed against it. I stumble in as I no longer have the door to support me.

"Uh..." I say.

The old lady looks at me, along with the girl, and a cat.

What the.. why is Nora here??

"This is him." Says the cat.

What the...

"Talking cat." I blurt out with a small bit of terror in my voice.

I see the old lady roll her eyes.

Nora looks at me.

"Come here son." Says the old lady.

I blink before standing  back up and walk over to the desk.

"Let me see it." 

"See what...." I ask.

"The bracelet." Says the cat.

"Oh.. Yeah.. Here." I say lifting my wrist and taking it off as I hand it over.

"May I see your necklace?" He says.

Nora nods and sets a necklace by him.

He pushes them side by side with his paws and the old lady taps them both.

They both glow a light blue and fly over to us. We gasp.

"Well.. They work." Says the cat. "Now what are your names." 

"I'm Nora..." She says say.

"I'm Kai..." I say.

"And tell each other about your powers." Says the old lady.

We look at each other.

"Well I have telekinesis..." Nora says.

"I have can turn into animals... I think." I say.

"You have the ability of shape shifting, not just animals alone, and you both will have the ability to fight as well." Says the old lady.

"What's your name?" Nora asks her.

"I'm Patty." She says.

Nora smiles.

"And I'm Mano. Now you two, whenever those glow that means there is trouble. Always meet in this alley and transform." Mano says.

M.P. A.S... antique shop... Mano... Patty... it all makes sense now. The letters.

"Transform?" Nora asks.

He nods.

"Tap your necklace." He says.

She hesitates before lightly tapping it.

Blue  transparent light leaks out and swirls around her. They completely cover her then disappear. She looks down and is wearing a full suit with the fit of a morph suit, with hard fabric type armor built onto it, and the suit is gray with blue swirls and softly they glow. A small mask covers her face around her eyes, with small tinted glass as lenses.

I look at her then my bracelet. I softly tap it and the same thing happens to me but the lights are black and I'm wearing a full black, with larger pieces of amour and a similar look like Nora's with a mask.

Nora feels her face and sees she haw a mask on too.

We both look at Mano.

"You're ready."