Chapter 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sincere; 2 Weeks Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, everything looks fine down here," Dr. Richardson announced as he looked up above my propped up legs.

I did as Effrin said and went to see a doctor. I had went the day Effrin told me to but they only ran tests on me. I wasn't going to see a doctor for another two weeks. "Really?" I asked sitting up as he sat across from me in his rolling stool. He pulled a pen out of his jacket and wrote something down on his clipboard. "Yes. You said you had bleeding, right?" I nodded my head. "Yeah." "When?" He asked looking up from over the brim of his glasses.

I bit my lip. I hated telling some old man this but I knew it was going to be for my health. "When I was sleeping with someone. Well, he wasn't even to go inside of me before I began feeling pain and the bleeding started." "Did you continue to have sex?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No. That was a few weeks ago and I haven't tried ever since. Everything just hurts so badly." He tapped his pen against the clipboard like he was thinking of something before he turned his full attention back to me. "I didn't see anything down there but it could be either one of three things. One, you could have an STD that I can't see. Is your body going through any abnormal changes that I should be aware of?"

I shook my head, no. "No. It's just the sex that hurts. This was the first and only time this has happened," I replied. "Okay, well number two, are you and this other man always sexually active?" He asked. "No." "When was the last time before this previous experience that the two of you had sexual intercourse." "About four years Dr. Richardson," I replied.

"Okay, well honestly you might have had to get adjusted to his size since it's been awhile. Did you lubricate?" He asked. I felt my cheeks flush every time he asked me another question that got deeper into the sex lives of Effrin and I. "No. We kind of just...went for it, you know?" He nodded his head and wrote something else down on his clipboard.

"That could have been the reason or inflammation. You put on your papers that you're taking birth control. Right?" He asked. "Yeah I am." "Well the inflammation may have caused cervix erosion because of the birth control pills you've been taking. I want you to lay off of the pills for a a few weeks and don't have sex either. I'm going to schedule you an appointment for three weeks from today because usually the infected area can clear up if the source of it stops. So, you understand?"

I nodded my head, yes. "Yeah. Thanks Dr. Richardson. I really appreciate this." "No problem. It's my job Miss. Cole and one more thing before I head out," He stated. "Yes?" "We got your tests results back from your urine test. Now, I'm not supposed to give out any of my patients' information to anyone but a reason you might have been getting bleeding is because of the crack cocaine we found in your system."

I scrunched up my face. "Crack? You think I'm on crack?" He nodded his head, being serious. "I would never do something like that when I know how addicting it can be. Maybe you got my test results mixed up with somebody else's but I have too much to lose to try and be snorting crack. Could I get some privacy while I change, please?" I asked.

"Sure Miss. Cole but just know that we take things very seriously around here. Now, I've known you for years and when I found out your results I asked them to test it again and it all came back the same for you. I don't know if it's somebody you've slept with but regardless, we still found traces of cocaine in your system. It wasn't a lot but it was enough for the scientists to be able to detect it. It might not have been you but someone you were with but you need to be careful."