8

I knocked on the wooden door, I stood back. Moments passed, I knocked again. Still no answer.

I turn the handle and I pushed the door, "Thank god, the door was unlocked." I murmured as I opened door wider.

I closed the door, ambled further in the house, silence made my stomach turn, my nervous made me fart and my heart raced as I was aware.

Suddenly, my eyes glanced over the letter on the table far by the door, I bit my lip as I walked to it.

A pen was placed on the letter, I was so curious about the letter. I removed the pen and picked up the letter and read...

Anonymous

   Time is our enemy. Time was never our friend. Time is cruel. Time, I hate. Time always finds a way to take a life, to the corner as death awaits us on his carriage.

   Death shows the journey we have lived from the day we were born till the day we die. Memories in our lifetime flies by our eyes in a quickly pace. That's when we know death has gotten us.

   We have to say our goodbyes to our dearest family, our children are always the hardest. Our love, my love Aidan. He doesn't know, I wanted to tell my first love but the look he always gives makes me forget the disease that always spreads in me.

   I am sorry, to my Aidan, keeping my secret biggest secret.

With the last love I have for you, I give you all the love and the love that you must give her.

   Simthandile...

I stood there still looking at the letter that just broke my heart. I ran into the living room looking for her, the kitchen every room in the house and walk into her bedroom.

She was on the floor, her head on bed. I ran to her and shook her slightly, "Sim! Sim, baby! Wake up, please. Sim!" I hugged her close to my chest as I cried for the woman of my life. "Dammit! Sim, wake up..."