.1.

Hi, I decided to write this because I am so in love with Anthony Kiedis and the Red Hot Chili Peppers and their music makes my soul happy.
Enjoy and let me know what you think!!

-----------------------

The rancid smell of dying hopes and dreams hit me as I entered the dimly lit room. As I made my way through the room, stepping over the bodies that lay passed out across on the floor.

I needed a fix.

I was desperate for an ounce of anything that could get me high so I could stop the feeling of this withdrawal.

Heroin was my drug of choice, it was cheap, but as I would shoot more and more, I would need higher quantities to get the euphoric feeling I desired. Thats how the dealers get you and make their money.

I was running low on cash, I only had $20 in my pocket, but that was enough to get me a gram or two of something, even if it was low quality. I just needed something to stop this pain. My whole body ached and shook uncontrollably.

I had to sneak past a guy slumped up against the doorway. The hard wood of the door frame hit my ribs, which were almost protruding through my skin. My body was weak and pale. I looked like a bag of bones. I hadn't eaten in days, all I cared about was having enough cash to get my high, and food costed money.

I approached a middle aged guy sat behind a table. He looked dirty and his eyes were red and bloodshot.

"What you looking for" he asked.

"However much white I can get for twenty bucks" I replied, trying not to make eye contact for too long incase he took it as a threat. People act irrationally when they are high so you have to be careful.

I tucked my dark brown, messy and knotted hair behind my ear as I reached into my bag to find my cash.

"Twenty a gram" he muttered, glancing up at me very briefly.

Twenty dollars a gram was way over the normal asking price of heroin. So it was either good quality or he could see I was desperate from the way my hands were shaking.

I reluctantly handed over all the money I owned and then he handed me a small clear plastic bag with the precious white power in.

I turned on my heel and walked out of that drug den as quick as I could. Even though I was in the drug scene, I hadn't got to the low point where I would crash in one of the dens, I preferred to shoot up in my own place, away from other junkies.

As I walked carefully through the rooms, trying not to disturb any of the dope fiends strewn across the floor. As I was a about to walk out the door to leave a long haired guy was just entering. He stopped when he saw me and gestured to let me got through the door first. I was surprised as most of the guys visiting places like this were not polite in the slightest.

I studied him for a second, his face seemed familiar, he had long flowing brown hair and deep brown eyes that stared into my very soul.