.2.

...Anthony's Point of View...

I was craving again. Craving the very thing that killed my best friend and almost ended my life for good. I tried with all my strength to stop myself, but somehow I was here, at a drug den, looking for a fix.

I had been sober for 4 months now. After Hillel passed, I swore to myself, my friends and my family to never shoot up again. Loosing one of my best friends in the world was the hardest thing I'd ever been through. The pain I felt was unbearable. The reality of what drug could do to a person hit me with tremendous force and I knew I had to get clean. I had done 3 months in rehab and my life was looking up. I didn't want to face the same fate as my best friend.

Yet here I was, stood at the doorway of one of the most well known drug houses in California.

Just as I was about to enter the doorway, a girl walked up in the opposite direction.

Her beauty instantly struck me. Her big, green, doe-like eyes were the first thing that I noticed as they stared at me.

But she looked lost. Her skin was pale, and her arms were covered in familiar red and purple track lines. She was a addict just like me.

Suddenly in that second, all my cravings seemed to fade away and I felt the intense need to help this poor girl from the darkness I had once felt.

She walked through the doorway and passed me. I had to follow her.

I had to save her.

.