02. Welcome to the Glade

Disclaimer: The Maze Runner belong's to James Dashner. The only Character that I own is Chloe.. I may add more. =)

Chapter Two

*Chloe*

After the jumpy ride in the Death-Machine-Box-Thing the doors opened. Sunlight shined down on Thomas and I. We stared at each other for a second. Before looking up to see about fifty or so boys,some younger and some older.  Was I the only girl?  I looked back at Thomas he was cute.

That's when the I heard bickering. Only catching the end, I heard was a British accent shouting. "Enough! Shut your bloody shucking holes!"   Shucking what a silly word.

"What do you think shucking means?'" Thomas asked me.

I shrugged. "I have no idea. One thing I am sure of this I'm going to get their attention."

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!" Thomas fist pumped. We did a knuckle touch.

I stood up clearing my throat, and shouted. "Could someone please get us out of here? It smells like feet and mold down here."

"Hold on. I'll be right down." the British boy said sweetly. Making my insides feel all bubbly.

"I have a feeling they weren't expecting us?" Thomas noted. Pulling me out of my daydream.

Before I had time could respond to his observation. A slender/ tall silhouette jumped into The Box. I couldn't make out who the mysterious figure was. The sun was blinding my vision.

I turned to look over at my lift buddy but they're standing over him, another shadowy figure. "Rise and Shine, Greenie!" a voice muttered.. grabbing Thomas by the collar disappearing out of The Box.

Greenie? Another interesting term.

I felt someone's arms wrap around me lifting me out of the elevator shaft. I'd regained balance on the grass beneath my feet. A sigh of relief escapes me.. when I see Thomas next to me. When I turn back to get a look at our new home , all the boys are swarming around Thomas and I . Gawking at us as if we were a piece of meat.

An average sized, well-built African boy pushed his way threw the crowd. I'm guessing he's the leader. "Nice to meet you, Newbie's. Welcome to the Glade."

Glade? Must be what they call this place.

The helping hands of the boys, brushing the dust off Thomas and Myself. I felt as if they are consuming us with curiosity, I'd started to feel a little nauseous not being able to focus on my surroundings. Our new companions didn't  say a word. My head was spinning round and round, like a carousel. Taking everything all in.

As my body rotated in slow motion the other kids snickered and stared; some even poked us. As if we were the Pillsbury Dough Boy.

"Give them some space!" the African boy called out. "You Slintheads need to let them adjust."

The boys listened and backed up. Finally getting check out our new environment. We stood in a courtyard seven times the size of a football field, closed in by four enormous walls made of gray stone; covered with small spots of thick ivy. These walls had to be at least hundred feet high; forming a perfect square around them, each split into individual sections in the middle by a opening as tall as the walls themselves, from what I could see, led to passages and long corridors beyond.

"Look at the boy, Greenbean." an obnoxious voice said, I couldn't really tell who it came from. Should break his shuck neck for checkin' out the new digs. The girl, Greenbean sure is a looker."