Chapter XXXVIII.

Tamar
Noon the next day

Today I was going to take Mimi to get her nails done around 3 but we changed my time and we're going now. Towanda and Traci wanted to follow Toni to see who this Bryan guy is. Trina and her kids are going to the aquarium so she couldn't come.

"Let's go, Mimi!" I yelled from the front door. She came down the stairs in a striped shirt and ripped jeans. She said she's too old to be dressed by me so from here on out, she'll pick out her outfits. "Where are your shoes?" I asked her. She ran back upstairs and got her black sandals. "Ready!" She said after buckling the last shoe. We hopped in the car and headed to the salon.

"Did you enjoy your party, yesterday?" I asked her. She went on rambling on every little detail and how she liked it so much but I stopped her when she said the name Bryan. "What about Bryan, hun?" I asked her while she was mid-sentence. "Oh, TT Toni's phone was ringing and I picked it up and some guy said: 'Hello, who's this?' and I told him it was me and he said: 'Its Bryan, is Toni around?" then I ran to TT and gave her the phone. She was all giggly and twirling her hair." Micaela said before going on about the day. We pulled up to the nail salon and spent an hour and a half there. "Lemme see your nails, baby." I asked Mimi. She showed off her pink, sparkly nails. We went to lunch and reached home at 2:38.

I dropped Micaela by Towanda's rented condo where Mommy was watching the kids. "Auntie Tamar!" My niece, Traci's daughter, gave me a hug. "Hi Val!" I said squeezing her in my embrace. "Where's your mother?" I added. Val pointed to the kitchen and I saw Traci and Towanda drinking and talking. "Get y'all asses up and c'mon." We left the house and drove to Nobu. Toni hadn't reached yet so we excited until she did.

Toni

(3:25) I'm so late meeting up with Bryan, hopefully he doesn't mind. I pulled up in the parking lot and quickly got inside.

Tamar

"Let's go. I saw her." I woke up Towanda and we went inside Nobu and got a table not too far but not too close. When we sat, we hid behind the menus occasionally peeking over to spy on Toni. Toni's back was to us and we were facing the guy. "Wait. No way. Is that Bryan 'Birdman', as in the rapper?" Wanda whispered. I got on my phone and looked up Birdman and Wanda was right. Toni's with a rapper! Oh shit. "Should we go? Now that I know I feel bad for intruding." I said. We went back and forth on whether or not we should stay.

Toni

"So you're tryna tell me NOLA is better than Bmore? Liieeeesssss." I laughed along with Bryan. "Girl, I'm tellin' you. NOLA makes people happy. Like how you make me happy." He grinned and grabbed my hand. "I like you." He told me before kissing my hand. My heart literally melted. He is so sweet and such a gentleman. "I like you, too." I said blushing extremely hard. He kept staring at me, deep in my eyes. "Woo. Woo." He called.

Before I could ask, some of his friends came out and the lights dimmed. "Bryan, what's going on?" He stood up and stood alongside his four friends. "Toni Braxton, the last two months with you have been great. I really enjoy your presence, your laugh, your big beautiful brown eyes, your spirit, the way you scrunch your nose, everything really. My friends here have slapped me around the past few weeks telling me you're a keeper. I thought how a girl like you would never be with a guy like me, but I'm putting myself out there. Will you be my girlfriend Ms. Braxton?"

I was basically crying a freaking river. I couldn't help it. "Yes." I shyly answer.

Tamar

We were all in shock on what just happened. We all stared above our menus at Toni hugging Birdman. "I can not believe we witness that." Traci said. Wanda and I looked at her and she was crying. "Tray, they're dating not engaged. Pack up the tears." We laughed at her as she wiped her tears. Just as we looked back, we saw Toni first in front of us. "Oh no." I said.

"Is it too late to run?" Wanda asked. "B, will you excuse me and my nosey ass sisters?" Toni said before he walked away. "Who wants to get yelled at first?" She said. She had she hands on her hips and tapping her foot. We could tell she wasn't as happy as she was minutes ago.
_

_____________
Thanks for reading ❤