↺sixteen

ㅡ this chapter wont be a letter

+jeno

"is it just me or jihyun had been staying away from me?" thought jeno
"if yes, why?"
"did i made any mistakes?"
"aishh. this is making me stressed. i should really talk to her tomorrow"

tomorrow.

if he knew, he would wait until tomorrow.

if he knew jihyun wouldnt attend school anymore tomorrow.

if he knew jihyun is moving tomorrow he wouldnt wait for tomorrow to ask.

-the next day

07.30 a.m.

"that's weird, jihyun has never been late for school. did something happen?" jeno mumbled

suddenly their teacher went in.

"is everyone complete?" the teacher asked.

jeno raised his hands and answered.

"jihyun isnt here yet"

"ah. i was just about to announced something about her" and the students started to get noisy wondering what news it would be.

"class. starting from today, jihyun wouldnt be attending school anymore"

"what is she talking about?"

"jihyun has moved school"

"what?! where?!"

"she had moved to america"

"what? this cant be true"

the next thing jeno know is he's running out of the school towards jihyun's house.

once he arrived he started to bang the door.

"JIHYUN!! OPEN THE DOOR! STOP JOKING AROUND"

a drop of tear fall out of his eyes

"NO THIS CANT BE TRUE!! OPEN THE DOOR JIHYUN!!"

crystal clear drops of tears falls out of his eyes.

"noo.. ji hyun..."

jeno sits down, covers his face and started to cry.

"noo. why did u leave? why dont u tell me?" he started to sobs.

"jeno" a sound called out his name. he looked up to see who is was.

its his best friend, jaemin.

"jeno i'm sorry"

"do u know?"

"yeah"

"when?"

"three months ago"

"so.. all this time, you guys being together..."

"spending time. she wants that"

"why didnt u tell me jaemin?"

"she didnt want u to know"

"w-why?"

"dont u realise? she loved u"

"s-she loved me?"

"yeh. thats why she sacrifice her own feeling for you. she's happy as long as you're happy."

"but why didnt she tell me?"

"how could she? u dated lami. u seems so happy, she didnt want u to be sad because of her"

"i-i thought she didnt liked me. i liked her but i thought she didnt liked me so i decided to give up"

"typical lee jeno. giving up so easily.tsk."

"sorry. i-if i know i wouldnt... hurt her"

"here" jaemin handed out a book with the title 'dear jeno' to jeno

"what is this?"

"her diary. she wrote down everything she ever wanted to say to u there. be sure to read it"

jeno nodded to show that he understands.

"do you know how much he loves you? she cried a lot when she knew u date lami."

"sorry..."

"well jeno, the past is the past. you cant change them you know."

"jaemin, how i wish to spend time with her... i dont know what kind of friend i am. i dont know if jihyun is leaving and the worst part is i dont know her feelings..."

"yah.. dont sounds so miserable. open the book and read it."

right when jeno open the book a letter slipped down. so he opened it and found her writing,

hey lee jeno, how are u doing? i hope you're happy. when you're reading this, i will already be on the plane to america. sad right? tsk

anyway lee jeno, i'm going to miss you. your smile, your joke, your warmth, well, everything :) of course i'm going to miss na jaemin too. i wouldnt forget both of you guys so dont worry okay? ;) i'll always remember the times we had spend together.

i'm going to be fine in america. i would be lonely but dont worry about me. i hope you're going to be happy with lami. she's good you know. she's pretty and everyone likes her especially you right? dont make her sad okay?

hey, i'm sorry for not telling you that i'm going. please dont be mad at me :( i'm just afraid that i'm going to ruin your relationship with lami. you just dated her which means you need to spend a lot of time with her but if i told you i'm going then you'll spend time with me instead of lami. that could ruin your relationship so i decided to not tell you.

its not a big deal so dont worry ;) i had a great time these past 3 months with jaemin. i had lots of memories to remember. i wont forget you guys. really. i promise :)

ah jeno one last thing, saranghae

love,
jihyun

jeno couldn't help to not cry while reading the letter.

he opened the book and saw the very first page, it was written there,

for my first and last love,
lee jeno

then he started to read the book page by page. there's lot of them.

'i guess its just foolish of me to love jeno. maybe he was just not meant to be for me'

page by page he reads jihyun's heart

'sometimes, i just wonders why do i love jeno'

page by page pass. there are pages where she write how happy she was. there was writings about how hurt she was. everthing that she cant tell was there.

'its just so foolish of me to think that jeno loves me'

then he was about to reach the end

'you're my first and last first love. there wouldnt be someone else like you'

then he turned to the last page and saw her very last letter,

dear lee jeno,

if i said "i love you" would you say "i love you too" ?

"yes. I would jihyun. i would" jeno whispered

"i love you too"

end