Tadaima.

This dream isn't feeling sweet.

Tadaima.

It was a new Monday in Namimori. Reborn was just stirring out of sleep when his phone rang.

Leon continued to curl around his stomach when his master willed his body to try reaching out to it.

"Reborn..." Tsuna groaned at the noise before his exhaustion from the training yesterday claimed him again and made him continue his fitful sleep. The baby hitman blearily read the caller and perked up. It was usually him that made calls to Fon, not the other way around. Besides, Fon was a dunce to technology. He must've randomly pressed a contact while he was exploring his phone or something.

"Fon?" Reborn asked, all intent on telling him that now wasn't a good time to disturb him and he can call later.

"Protect Kyoya." Click.

Fon was usually talkative on the phone. He either told him his daily adventures with his beloved 'children,' Hibari's slow progress in making gyoza, and his love for Mapo Tofu. He knew it was a fleeting façade, but in a way, Fon was happier than he remembered. His contentment was easier to touch than the rest of the Arcobaleno's, even Luce's. He was a simple man, but a good drinking partner and a decent confidante.

But just like Reborn, he was also proud. He had stories he will keep to the grave.

This was the first in a very long time that Fon asked a request from him. He often accomplished things alone; Fon fought his demons in solitude. That was the way he was. Reborn jumped out of bed. He had to ask maman help him make an overseas call.

Getting a plea from him meant only one thing and one thing alone: He knew he could not live up to the task.

It had begun.

-18-

Dino was enjoying the breeze. It was not like the harsh ones he often experienced back at the Chiavarone main HQ in Italy. Or the icy and loud howls in the Alps. Or the hot and arid ones in the Gobi.

Namimori was not like any of his headquarters at all even. He looks down at the buildings and sees the three young Vongola, singing their hearts out along with their friends. He moved in the other direction because most of them were out of tune.

He missed times like these.

"You've overstayed your welcome here, Boss," his right hand Romario said from behind. Dino whistles a nonsensical song. He notices the steady number of white mass accumulating slowly in the horizon, all with shades of grey. It might rain.

"Teaching children is more fulfilling though," he responded airily. "And the female teachers are cute."

"Yes they are, but we need to secure our position with the rest of our allied families, and if you aren't in the main HQ all the time-"

"You are my most loyal friend, Romario," said Dino without hesitation, startling the older man. It took a while for him to regain his composure.

"Thank you, Boss and I appreciate the gesture but our idling here-"

Dino raised a hand. "I'm waiting for a call." He leans on the railings and looked at the Namimori rooftop, at the entrance where Hibari usually sleeps on the right side, at the chunks of cement and metal they have destroyed during their fights, and finally up at the afternoon sun. He blocks his eyes from the light. "But you're right. I guess I loved this dream too much."

Romario shook his head. "No. You just grew up too fast."

The noise from the music sessions were now getting louder. Apparently, they were including some members of the band to play.