3

KING VHIN

She fell asleep right away. The exhaustion resting on her face was overpowered by her stunning beauty in a peaceful slumber. As I've roamed this kingdom for 20 years, no beauty could ever match what she has, nor even get close to it. The emerald eyes she has perfectly shined with mine.

Her natural auburn and shiny hair was sitting back around her angelic sleeping face, as little and slow breaths come in those slightly opened pink and luscious lips of hers. Matched with a perfectly pointed nose and heart-shaped face that fits right into my hands when I cup it. It was one of the features that never stops appearing in my head. That light skin that I couldn't resist touching by me and none other than. She's a magnificent girl who holds the fondness I'll always dear.

I came to her side and caressed her angel-like face that roams the earth to purposely shed light on my life. I never meant to surprise her like this but her uncle, her damn uncle who ruined my plans on keeping my Elizabeth. Yes! That old, dreadful, crazy, and secretive hag ruined everything for us. It was supposed to be romantic like her and I at the end of everything, as our beginning. But when I asked her uncle about my courtship and was still politely asking her hand for approval of marriage, he violently reacted and said that he'll never give his Elizabeth to a monster like me—a son of my father, a horrible king after a horrible king.

And that's what I did. Brought out the monster he was referring to. He should've agreed peacefully while I was patient.

It happened a year ago. I wanted to surprise her on her birthday, but I guess she was too nonplussed at my appearance. If only her uncle agreed, it wouldn't have been like this.

Thankfully, I pursued or otherwise, I wouldn't have known what that damned uncle wanted from my Eliza.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

ELIZABETH

The next morning, I woke up with a dream— a horrible horrible dream. I was abducted by the king and my house was in flames and my uncle was left beaten on the ground. It was a nightmare. Sitting on this incredibly wide and soft bed, I started rubbing my eyes to adjust my vision. I'm gonna tell my uncle about the dream and maybe he can write something about it to be published. Maybe a cursed category.

I roamed my eyes inside the room, amazed at how it really is capacious and well-made. The color played with the touch of black and red through the ceiling and floor, down to the furnishes.

Well, bad joke it is, it wasn't a dream as I'd wish it were. It was a real-time nightmare and my real-time cursed category.

The king was nowhere to be seen around this time. Maybe he went back to his other girls who didn't protest when it comes to making love. Maybe he'll kill me later since I'm no use for him. Maybe, it's my time for death.

The thought made my eyes filled with water as I shake from the fear.

"Are you hurt? Why are you crying?" Asked the king concerning my condition, rushing to me as if I were an infant. He came from a gigantic closet I didn't even notice there was in the first place.

"Please don't touch me. Are you devoted to using and killing me?" I asked backing away in defense.

"What?" He said trying to trail some words to speak, looking confused and bothered by my sudden burst. "Please don't kill me, I'll be good," I said, thinking of the more possible ways he can hurt me or better yet, put me to sleep in the bliss of forevermore. He sighed, not sure whether through relief or annoyance.