Chapter 3

I was startled awake that night. Logan came running into Audrey and my room, pushing the door open so it smacked into the wall loudly.

"Are you okay?" he frantically asked.

"We're fine. Why?"

"I heard a loud noise and I didn't know if it was you guys or not."

"We're fine," I repeated. "Are the other guys okay?"

"Yeah. Carlos fell out of his bed though." I propped myself up on my elbows.

"Did you ever think that maybe him falling out of bed was the noise?" He paused for a moment.

"Night," he sighed, frustrated.

I went back to sleep and had a nightmare. It worried me. In it, James had gone to get us some pizza. On the way, he got in a car crash and died. I woke up crying and screaming for him. I heard someone run up the stairs and when they reached the room, I realized it was James.

"Kynli, what's wrong?"

"I just had a dream that you got in a car crash and died. I thought I lost you," I sobbed.

James walked over to my bed and knelt down next to me, giving me a hug. He pulled back slowly  and looked into my eyes.

"I would never leave you. I promise you." We hugged again and I didn't want to let go.

"I guess I can go back to sleep."

"If you need me, I'm downstairs. Goodnight."

"Night."

~

The next morning, I didn't wake up until 10:30. Carlos had come in to check on me a couple of times. I knew it was him because almost every time he had, he made some sort of noise because he ran into something. It woke me up every time, but he didn't know because he was busy texting Hayden.

Jazmyn called at about 10:35. I talked to her for fifteen minutes until she wanted to talk to Logan. I took the phone to him while on my way to the kitchen. I sat down at the table, smiling sleepily at James.

"Morning, my sleeping beauty," James cooed.

"Morning. Where's Kelsey?"

"She went shopping with her sister. She won't be back until later tonight."

"And she left us here all alone?"

"Well, until about two and then Katelyn and Erin are coming over."

"You mean Katelyn and Erin as in Jo and Camille from Big Time Rush?"

"Yeah. They wanted to surprise you, but I told them there was no way I could keep it from you."

"Yeah you probably couldn't. Oh, I forgot to tell you. Before I met you, I wrote a song for you. You wanna hear it?"

"Sure, I'd love to."

We walked up to my room and he shut the door behind us. I was so nervous. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this because I'm not the best at writing songs. I needed to. I mean, I wrote it for him, didn't I?

"It's called Smile At Me."

I sang the entire song for him. When I was finished, I could tell that he loved it. I wrote it only two months ago, so I knew it was the best song I had written. When he didn't respond with anything, I watched him smile and I smiled back.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I asked.

"I'm just doing what you told me to," he sweetly responded.

"Come on, let's get back out there before they start to wonder."

We went back into the kitchen and saw Kendall and Audrey in there. They had turned on some music and they were dancing. James and I went into the living room, not wanting to interrupt their moment.

~

"James?" I called.

"What sweetheart?" he yelled from the other room.

"Come here." He walked into the room and smiled at me. "Enough with the sweetheart. Do you want them to think we're together?" I teased.

"Sorry. What did you need?"

"I need you to help me find my book. I can't find it anywhere."

"You put it on your bed, remember?"

"Oh yeah! Thanks."

"No problem," he leaned closer and whispered, "sweetheart."

I ran to my room to get my book. I had remembered that Hayden and Jazmyn were coming over and I had borrowed Jazmyn's book. I had finished it last night, so I needed to return it to her. As I was just about to come down the stairs, I heard the doorbell ring.

"Just a minute!" I yelled, going down the stairs."

"James you need to remember to be on your best behavior. If you say anything, I'm telling them."

"Whatever you say, Kynli," he winked.

I opened the door and saw it was just the mail man. I was disappointed because I wanted Hayden and Jazmyn here, but at least we had gotten the mail.

~

"Hey, Kynli, look who we ran into," Jazmyn smiled, standing in front of Hayden. They both stepped to the side. Behind them were Katelyn and Erin.

"Oh my gosh, I'm such a huge fan!" I cheered. "Audrey, get in here!" She came running with Kendall tagging along behind, holding her hand.

"Katelyn and Erin? You guys are so cool!"

"Looks like you've come close to Kendall," Katelyn teased.

"Don't worry, she's just joking," Erin reassured.

"I hope so. No offense, but I just want Kendall for myself," Audrey replied.

"So Audrey is with Kendall, Hayden is with Carlos, and Jazmyn is with Logan. Are Kynli and James together?" I looked up at James and he nodded at me, letting me know I could tell them.

"Technically, but you can't tell anyone."

The girls came inside and we talked in the kitchen. After a while, I left to go to the living room while everyone was still talking. I sat down on the couch, feeling sick. I don't know what happened. I was feeling fine and now I felt like I was going to throw up. James came into the room.

"Are you okay?" he asked quietly so no one besides me could hear.

"I don't know. I feel like I'm going to throw up."

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?"

"I don't know. I just feel lousy."

"Well, I won't leave your side until you feel better."

"Thanks."

I got up to hug him, but ended up running upstairs to the bathroom and threw up. James rushed in after me and put my hair back in a ponytail. I threw up twice and wiped my mouth with a piece of toilet paper. I stood up and brushed my teeth, looking up in the mirror once I was done.

"I get nauseous when I stand up," I quoted Big Time Video.

I smiled slightly as he laughed. He made sure I was okay before we went back downstairs I made my way over to the couch and laid down. I sighed and rub my stomach, still feeling slightly queasy.