Ch. 27 | Heartbreaks & 808s

"Nathaniel!" Georgia shrieks going after him. Carter doesn't stop her.

All around the doorway, people are laughing, gasping and staring at the scene before them; I even hear the word crazy pop up a few times. I don't relish this attention 1 bit, but I don't have time to let my ego take the stage. I don't care what they think –I may care in the morning, but as of right now all I can think about are those two little words echoing in my head; it's over. It can't be over. I know that we're in a dark place right now but I refuse to let this be where the story ends. I need to salvage what's left of us before it's too late.

"You okay?" Carter asks gently as people continue to watch us, greedy for more drama.

"Why didn't you stop her?" I ask irritated that after finally driving a wedge between the two of them Carter had just allowed her to go after Nathaniel.

He shrugs and looks down, "She's in love with him, what's the point of stopping her when it won't stop the way she feels?" he asks quietly, his cryptic mask dissolving a little, allowing me a glimpse into the kind of pain that I knew I never wanted to experience. If my heart is broken, then his heart is lost. I need to find Nathaniel.

Without another word, I dart through the crowd, out of the bedroom, and into the hallway, pushing past Jade 'Do Me' Washington in the process -another thing to add to my list of things I will regret in the morning.

I spot them at the exit surrounded by Georgia's clique, and more busy bodies. I push through the crowd trying to make myself heard over the commotion like it's my last chance to speak to him –scarily, that's what it feels like.

"NATHANIEL WAIT! NATHANIEL. NATHANIEL WAIT...PLEASE, DON'T GO!"

He looks in my direction and he runs his hand over his head.

"Rio, not now!" He turns back to Georgia "Is it true?" he asks in a deathly calm voice that sends chills down my spine.

Georgia steps forward with tears in her eyes.

"Nathaniel I_"

"IS IT TRUE?" he booms in an awful rumbling tone, making a few people jump.

She bows her head.

"Yes," she squeaks. She reaches out to him, "Nathaniel I'm so sorry_"

He throws his hands up and backs away from her.

"Don't touch me."

"Nathaniel, please," she begs, her eyes glittering with tears of desperation. It should be giving me great pleasure to watch Georgia crash and burn in front of everyone, but it doesn't. It's sad. She keeps crying and begging but he keeps backing away from her as if she has the plague.

"Someone get her before I do something I WON'T regret," he threatens, looking towards her friends for assistance. Sky and two more of her friends pull Georgia away from him.

Georgia cries harder, "Nathaniel please, I never meant to_"

"You never meant to what? Trap me with another man's baby? Bullshit G, you knew what you were doing! I'm so fucking done, man."

Without so much as a backwards glance, Nathaniel walks out.

I go after him.

"Nathaniel, wait up," I pant, running out into the parking lot to catch up with him as he storms angrily over to his car.

"Go back inside, Rio," he says over his shoulder, refusing to slow up. I jog a little faster.

"No! I want you to talk to me."