3 ~ Dealing with a Megalomaniac

A/N

So, wrong series/fandom/whatever you wanna call it, I know, but I found this was a rather striking fit for this chapter.

Anyway, here's your chapter! Enjoy!

§

As they watched out the window, it became extraordinarily obvious to the Pines twins- both pairs of them- that this "Sans" person was not normal. That was to be expected here in Gravity Falls, but he was doing something no one had ever seen pulled off so successfully.

He was dodging Bill Cipher. And Cipher was getting mad.

"Come on!" Ford said to his family. "Maybe while he's busy, we can take him out!"

They all rushed from the window to the door, stepping out onto the porch.

~o0o~

Sans, quite frankly, was getting rather annoyed.

He had simply woken up with a pounding head, and on the surface to boot. Frisk was nowhere to be found, and, honestly, Sans hadn't even know where he was to be found. So he had started wandering, calling for the kid, when this freaking triangle had started attacking him.

He could dodge, of course. But he didn't like to. It took too much energy.

Now he was running towards a little shack in hopes of a bit of shelter, but the triangle was going on the full-out offensive. Sans hadn't had to take any shortcuts yet, but he might have to soon.

He stepped forward, making one more final charge towards the building, only to skid to a halt as the triangle appeared in front of him. Sans grimaced and pulled away.

"Woah! Hey, hey, hey! We don't have to fight!" The triangle gestures placatingly. "Sans, right? Sans, instead'a battling it out like this, I'm willing to make you an offer!"

Sans frowned a little. "an offer? what kind of offer?"

"Well, it's like this! You're a monster, right? From the Underground? You shake my hand, and together, we eradicate humanity! Then, I break the Barrier, and monsters rule the Surface again!" He held out his hand. "Whaddya say, pal?"

"... i'm not sure i buy that."

"Oh come on! Think about it. Monsters on the surface! The sun and the stars, all yours! No more humans! And you'd never have to do your job again!"

Sans did have to admit that sounded pretty good. He started to reach for the triangle's hand to shake on it.

The triangle, apparently, sensed his still remaining hesitancy, though. "And," he added tantalizingly, "no one would ever hurt your dear little brother ever again. Do we have a deal?"

~o0o~

There was a rising sense of dread in Mabel and Dipper. Bill had apparently made a deal to the stranger, and it looked like he was going to accept it.

"And no one," they could hear Bill saying, "would hurt your dear little brother ever again. Do we have a deal?"

Sans' hand, raised next to Bill's, but not quite yet grasping it, froze. "you sure do know a lot about me, pal." They could hear the stranger's husky voice. He sounded amused. "but there's one thing you really should know about me before making me offers of any kind, ever." Sans suddenly reached up, past Bill's hand, and grabbed Bill's wrist.