Chapter Four: Friends?

Kashika's POV

Thankfully, Rikio and some other men at Homra offered to get essentials from home, while Totsuka and I looked at nice apartments to live in for the time being. Hey, it wasn't like I didn't do anything at home, I am actually a pastry chef that ships sweets out internationally.

My orders get so backed up most of the time, but I do the ones that pay well, so I had quite a bit of money saved up. I groaned, both from the frustration of finding a new place and the pain from the cut I have on my stomach.

"Is your stomach hurting you again? You know, it would hurt less if you didn't lay on it." Right now, everyone was very gentle with the Akihiko and I, well besides Totsuka, he was always very calm and gentle to begin with.

"Not only that, it's such a pain trying to find a new place.." I closed the book of rental places around the city, and rolled on to her back. "You know, you could go home." Tatara knew this was a problem inside a problem.

"No way in hell, they have no idea how it feels to come home to nothing, maybe now they'll know what they've put Akihiko through." Sure, my brothers also hurt my feelings, but my main concern was always my nephew, and since we shared custody over Akihiko, my brothers couldn't do anything, but wait till he was ready to come home. They knew I would win the case if they brought me to court, not that they wanted to.
Third POV

"H-hey, Kashika?" Yata walked towards the curvy woman, who was sprawled out on the couch. Her shirt rose, exposing her cuts and bruises on her stomach, there was hand marks on her thighs, and it made Yata feel so guilty for ever being mean to such a strong woman.

"I-I am sorry, for being m-mean-"

Yata was cut off by the black haired beauty, and was pulled into a tight embrace. "Thank you, Misaki, for saving me." Yata was a blushing mess, but he wrapped his arms around Kashika anyways.

"Don't apologize, I overreacted, I should be thankful, because if it wasn't for you, Mikoto, Izumo, Tatara and Rikio, I would've been in worse condition than I am now.." Kashika held Yata's red face, his arms were still secure around her back.

"It-it w-was nothing.." Yata looked away from the older woman, who just smiles softly and kissed his cheek. "Well, your nothing, was my everything.." Kashika finally let go of him, deciding if she went any further he would probably faint.

"Thank you, Misaki." It didn't bother him that she called him by that name, in fact he liked it, the two nodded at each other in understanding and Yata walked away, what the two didn't know was that the whole thing was filmed.

"Well, it's seems you've made an enemy, turn into a friend." Tatara chuckled, which earned him a little slap on his arm. "Whatever." Kashika smiled, but didn't deny the fact.

"By the way, if you're looking for a place to stay, why not stay here?" Totsuka suggested. "There's plenty of room, and I'm sure no one would mind, in fact I'm sure Anna would be happy to have another female around and Akihiko." Totsuka stated.

"I don't know.. I don't want to intrude."
"Come on, please?"
"Totsuka.."
"Kashika.."
The two had a staring contest, until Tatara broke it when the sleepy King awoke. "Mikoto, perfect timing! What do you think of Kashika staying here?" Kashika blushed, feeling Mikoto's brown eyes on her.

"Can we really stay here auntie?!" An excited Anna and Akihiko stared at the blushing woman. "Oh-oh, I don't think so sweetly-"

"Stay." Mikoto interrupted, making the two children jump in glee. Kashika almost sighed in relief, she didn't want to be out there on her own, she knew the dangers of a world full of powerful human beings, and it didn't make her feel at ease knowing her nephew and herself were targets for these gangs.

"Okay." Kashika smiled at the lazy King, who started to fall back asleep on the couch. "Thanks for asking me to stay in my bar.." Izumo mumbled, but it only made everyone chuckle, giggle or in Mikoto's case, grunt.

The door opened, sending a chilling air through the warm bar and in came Rikio, Eric and.. Saruhiko? It was a good thing Yata wasn't here.

"Uncle Saru!" Akihiko didn't blame his uncle for anything, he was the one always checking up on the two, and he actually made time for them. Kashika didn't blame him either, so she approached the hugging men and joined in on the hug.

"Shika, I'm sorry, I should've been there when that bastard-"
"It's okay, I'm fine Saru." Kashika held her best friends hand, in a soothing manner as he clutched her hand tightly. "Mikoto." The red headed sighed, but sat up and looked at his ex-clansmemeber.

"You'll look after her?" Saruhiko never asked any favors, but this was an exception. Mikoto grunted, a response that confused Kashika, but it was enough for Saruhiko, who nodded in response. "I'll check in on you soon, but your brothers went on a rampage... They nearly took out three gangs last night, and something tells me they won't stop if someone doesn't stop those idiots." Saruhiko sighed, and squeezed Kashika's hand one last time.

"Keep me updated on them, if they get too much to handle, just call me." Kashika was the one that kept her brothers in line, always making sure they kept their cool. Saruhiko exchanged goodbyes to the two, and left as quickly as he came.

"I thought you were mad at them?" Mikoto rose his eyebrow, the tired Queen sat next to the lazy King and sighed. "I am, but caring about those two is a full-time job.. We've been in fights before, it usually ends up with one of us leaving for awhile, but it's never been this bad.. I guess now that Akihiko is growing up, he can speak for himself and since he's mad at his father, for basically abandoning him and his uncle for never being there, he doesn't want us to be around them."

"So you want to go back?" Totsuka asked, as the green eyed beauty leaned against a somewhat annoyed Mikoto. "Not really, sure it would be best to fix our problems, but I think it's also healthy we have time away from each other.. Akihiko needs to know how it feels to not worry so much, and I need time to think of what to say to them.." Kashika mumbled, as her eyelids drooped with every word, and finally her green eyed weren't visible anymore.

She had fallen asleep on Homra's beloved King. Totsuka chuckled, and quickly snapped a picture of the two sleeping together. Kashika's head layed on Mikoto's shoulder, with his head resting on top of hers. Their legs tangled together, and Mikoto held Kashika's tiny waist, bringing them even closer together.

Totsuka and everyone else knew, if this was anyone else, Mikoto would rip off their head, the only other person able to do this, was Anna. Akihiko placed a blanket over the two, and everyone slowly walked out of the room and went to do their own thing.

"Don't cry anymore auntie, I know the red will protect you."