author's note & story analysis

"One & Only"
a Chanbaek fanfiction
written by 니카 (nika)

started: february 18, 2017
finished: may 13, 2017
uploaded by: july 16, 2017

author's note

i cannot believe i'm actually F I N A L L Y finished with this fanfiction. it took me 3 months & it's my first fanfiction ; written about my first ship (that i was practically forced into the moment my friends found out that i knew and listened to exo) (but i'm not complaining).

i remember when i started to brainstorm fanfiction ideas with my best friend - i was utterly lost. i knew i wanted to write but i didn't know about who or what. originally, i have no idea how this plot line became a thing but here i am ; completely shook that it's done. considering that i have H U G E exams coming up in less than a month - i'm happy that i wrote this. although at some point (during april especially) i had to literally reread 10 chapters to understand what i was doing and where the story was going. my sincere apologies about several plot holes.

i also wrote this in hopes to improve my writing and distract myself from school work so~

but overall, thank you so much for reading & i hope you didn't die from boredom!

story analysis
1. characters

Park Chanyeol: music producer
Byun Baekhyun: flower shop worker, dreams of being a famous singer
Ooh Sehun: chanyeol's best friend, dancer
Kim Jongdae: baekhyun's best friend, trainee
Kim Minseok: owner of Bao Zi Music Store, baekhyun's close friend
Do Kyungsoo: arising artist, former W-01 member
CEO: head of QUIZ entertainment

& others (briefly mentioned)

Kim Junmyun: arising artist, former W-01 member
Zhang Yixing: arising artist, chanyeol's old friend
Kim Jongin: dancer, sehun's close friend
(Bae) Joohyun: flower shop worker
(Son) Seungwan: flower shop worker

2. plot

Description from bio: "-Park Chanyeol is your arrogant yet talented music producer who is on the verge of bankruptcy; searching for a musical talent to save him. And his only option? Byun Baekhyun, who's first impression of him is nothing but rude. Yet Chanyeol understands that he needs the older boy to save his career, and so he'll do anything to get him onto his side."

Beginning: Kyungsoo leaves Chanyeol's record label which basically triggers the whole storyline. With this; Chanyeol is under a risk of shutting down & so he and Sehun hold auditions in hopes to find someone.
Because of an unfortunate first impression - Chanyeol & Baekhyun don't get along well from the very start, this causes conflict between the boys as the plot develops.
Sehun introduces a plan where Chanyeol has to get onto Baekhyun's good side; hesitant at first - Chanyeol doesn't think he's capable to, but as he meets Baekhyun in Minseok's music store, he changes his mind.
Middle: As the story continues, Chanyeol and Baekhyun become closer although Baekhyun is extremely cautious of the other boy because of past events that happened to him. When Chanyeol brings up the 'dating ban' - it was supposed to foreshadow the explanation to Baekhyun's trust issues.
Overcoming this discomfort, both boys spend more time together & work on a song entitled 'One & Only' that (surprise surprise) is the plot-structure for the whole story. Oblivious; both start to have feelings for each other.
Ending: Sehun tells Chanyeol about the Music-Star Festival that he has to attend, proposing to take Baekhyun which the older boy agrees to do after an emotional breakdown (in fear of being in contact with his past).
& after a successful performance; Baekhyun is offered two contracts from which he can only choose one (QUIZ or W-01). Understanding his feelings, Chanyeol is willing to let go of the boy in hopes that his dream will come true. But in the end, Baekhyun decides to stay with Chanyeol & together they pursue their musical dream.

3. resolutions

> Baekhyun was able to get over his past betrayal & live his dream no matter how impossible it seemed.
> Chanyeol was able to save W-01 from bankruptcy & with that; fall in love.

i honestly wrote all that up to summarise the whole fanfiction for my own interest because i don't want to repeat myself in my future potential works. idk, did it help at all having the story planned out like that in the end?

i just think it's important to know how a character/plot develops and how climaxes & resolutions work out to improve one's writing, anyone with me lol?

oh & here's how i actually kept everything together as i wrote;

(taken on may 14, 2017)

effort, right?
tell me about it.
(i'm a dedicated person >.< )
(but those chapter pictures would actually take forever lol)

any thoughts? feedbacks? comments? :3

well i think this it is,
thank you for reading once again! ♡
안녕 ~

written: may 13/14, 2017
니카 :3

uploaded: july 16, 2017