possibility

“You’re being immature.” Sally said when she found out that Jade didn’t attend their sessions.

“I thought you didn’t care?” Paul said when he found Jade glaring at Wila, who was sitting beside Althea.

“I don't see what the big deal is, suck up your pride or you’ll fail English.” Sally said when she saw Jade's current test results in English.

“Don't worry. I won't tell Dada.” Noah said when she found Jade hiding from Althea while forcing herself not to cry.

“Tumigil ka na or I'll feed you to the chickens.” Sally said when she just had enough.

It’s been a  month since she decided to ignore Althea and her grades has severely suffered for it.

She stared at the 80% mark in her English exam paper, slammed the paper in her desk and threw herself in her bed. She had never received a grade below 85. 

Never.

Paul and Sally even tried to tutor her but they didn’t have the same patience Althea had. And Pride and Prejudice was just so vague and boring! Damn you, Jane Aus—

Jade's phone lit up and rang. Althea's picture popped up in her home screen.

Oh great.

She ignored it and buried her face in her pillow. Moments later her phone vibrated, signalling for a new text message. She tried to ignore it because she knew who the text was from but when it vibrated again all thought of self-control flew out of the window.

Althea: lablab labas ka

Jade quirked an eyebrow at the text but proceeded to read the next.

Althea: please?  

Jade: Are you outside of my house?  

Althea: yes. paul let me in. tinago niya ako sa mga body guards niyo. mag usap naman tayo oh

Jade: Althea, gabi na. Baka makita ka pa nila Dada pease go home.

Jade heard the light sound of something being thrown at her window.

Jade: Stop throwing rocks at my window!

Althea: NEVER. at pebbles lang naman.

Jade: Stop! I'm serious. Go. Home.

Althea: I'll be here all night and your family will see me and i'll DIE because you didn't just talk to me.

Jade: Don't be so dramatic.

Jade: Was that you coughing?

Althea: jade ang lamiiiig

Jade: I don't care. I'll throw down a sweater.

Althea: haharanahin kita and your the entire house will hear

Jade: You wouldn't dare.

Suddenly, a slightly deep, melodic voice reached Jade's ears and — “I don't mind spending everyday. Out on your corner in the pourin' rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile. And she will be loved, and she will be loved…”

Jade:  OK OK OK SHHHHHHHH STOP BEFORE SOMEONE CALLS THE POLICE!!

—————————

“…so nagselos ka?” Althea asked after Jade explained why she was avoiding her.

Jade let out a frustrated noise. She’s getting real tired of this.