Chapter 7: Beautiful[EDITED]

3rd Person POV
Gray groaned, light beating against his tired eyes. He put his arm over his eyes to shield himself from the blinding light, and as they adjusted Gray began to remember where exactly he was.

Gray propped up on his elbow, looking around his small little living room. It took him a minute, but he realized that he could sense the faint smell of pizza and hear the low voice of a woman singing to herself.

Gray then felt his stomach rumble, the noise was quite loud actually. He sighed and threw his legs over the couch as best he could with his brace, but felt something fall off of his knees as he did.

Gray looked down with an eyebrow raised, surprised to see one of the blankets from his closet. It was an old one from when he had moved into the apartment, and the previous owners had left it so Gray decided to keep it.
'Huh. Guess Juvia got it for me.' Gray thought, surprised at the small smile that had suddenly taken form on his face.

Gray shrugged and picked it up, quickly folding it and placing it neatly on the couch before he ventured into the kitchen.

As he entered, Gray caught sight of Juvia scrubbing away at a burnt pan. A pizza box lay on the island in front of him, and Gray couldn't help but let out a small laugh at the realization that Juvia had ordered a pizza because she burnt whatever she was trying to cook.

The sound of Gray's small laugh caught Juvia's attention, and she turned to Gray with a horrified face.
Gray felt his breath hitch, a strong feeling he wasn't used to bubbling in his chest. He noticed how beautiful she looked in that moment. She had her thick blue hair up in a messy bun and a small piece of her hair was hanging on front of her face. She had on a white apron and under that apron was a dark blue tank top and a light blue pair of shorts.

Gray gulped as he noticed her shorts, feeling his neck getting hot.
'Does she even realize how short those are? Those leave nothing to the imagination!' Gray exclaimed in his head.

Juvia smiled reluctantly at Gray and relaxed her muscles, putting the burnt pan into the sink.
"Juvia is sorry Gray-sama." Juvia said, looking downfallen as her eyes traced the hardwood floor patterns.

Gray quirked an eyebrow, crossing his arms. "What are ya sayin sorry for?" Gray asked aggressively.

Juvia flinched slightly but clapped her hands together and swung them lightly.
"Well, Juvia wanted to make Gray-sama dinner but she burnt it. So she had to order pizza instead and she ruined one of Gray-sama's pans." Juvia explained.

Gray gave Juvia a look, but she wouldn't meet his eyes. He frowned and waddled closer, leaning his elbows on the marble counter top and grabbing Juvia's arm across the table.
"Juvia I'm not mad. I never use that pan anyway. It's ok." Gray said.
Juvia froze and looked up at Gray, her eyes flooded with shock.

Gray offered Juvia a sweet smile, and seconds later Juvia's face broke out into a happy grin.
She clasped her hands together enthusiastically and then took off the blue gloves she was wearing to wash the pan.
Juvia sat down next to Gray at the island and gave him a paper plate.
"Dig in!" She exclaimed.

Gray's mouth watered and he almost nodded, quickly snagging a piece of pizza and shoveling it into his mouth.

•••

3rd Person POV
After dinner Juvia and Gray decided to watch a movie on the TV lacrima. Gray needed a few things from his room first though, and he had gotten there relatively ok by himself.