Boo!

"Ugh... you're taking an eternity! No one will pay attention to our stupid matching-vampire costumes anyway..." Lacus, the purple haired 'human-battery' yelled, already angry at Mika.

"Shut up, Lacus! Even if they don't pay attention to us, I want to look good!" Mika said, fixing his fake vampire fangs. It took less than a minute for him to get it fixed, right after, he looked at Lacus. "So? What do you think?"

"You're good Mika, let's go." They walked away from Mika's room, leaving a mess behind. Going down stairs Lacus realized their friend was missing. "René should be here by now..." Lacus said, opening the front door. "Oh, there he is."

"Ready to go?" The emo-goth-wathever boy asked.

"Almost." I replied. "I have to tell mom I'm leaving first."

"Go ahead. We'll be waiting right here." René said, and Lacus nodded.

"Great!" The boy went upstairs again, this time, going to his mother's office. He knocked on the door three times, as he always does. "Mom?"

"What is it, Mika dear?" The pink haired woman asked, sweet as always.

"I will leave to trick or treat, remember?"

"I do. Nice costume, by the way." The woman smiled playfully, as she was the one who designed and tailored the costume. "Who's going with you, sweetie? You know you can't go alone." She locked her eyes with Mika's.

"Yeah, I know. The same "you're only 13" thing..." Mika sighed. "Lacus and René are with me, everything will be fine!" The cheerful blond boy smiled innocently.

"Uhm, sure... Don't run or you'll have to take the inhaler. I don't have time to spend at the hospital so watch out!" Her tone became very serious, as Mika's asthma was no joke. He couldn't run at all.

"Yeah mom, I won't run. Sorry for last year, I didn't mean to ruin Halloween." The boy faked a sad smile to mess with his mom. Mika knew his mother loved him too much to be bothered by something like that. "I'll be back by nine, so don't worry. See you!" Mika closed her office's door and went down stairs again. Lacus and René were still there, just like they said they would. "I'm ready to go now!"

"Good. Let's go." René was the one to answer, he sounded as cold as always. Lacus, as his complete opposite, was already blabbering about god-knows-what.

They went to all the houses in their neighborhood, happily asking "Trick or treat!", and every time they did, they got a compliment and a candy. Mika seemed to be everyone's favorite, as he was the only one who put effort into his costume. Their night went great and they were overjoyed with all the candy they got. Specially Lacus, of course.

They were about to go home when they realized they did not go to one of the houses, the last one. The lights were all off when they went to ring the doorbell. The three of them waited patiently but no one responded. René went to do it again, but Lacus stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"I really think we should go back, guys..." His voice failed him, as he started to tremble in fear.

"Don't worry Lacus, everything will be fine! I'm sure the owner of this house is nice!" Mika smiled at him in the most adorable way. He went to ring the doorbell again, when—

"BOO!"  A werewolf showed up right in front of their eyes!

René became completely pale — even more than normal — and Lacus screamed his lungs out. The purple haired boy was the first to run away, taking René with him, thinking Mika was following them too. Which he wasn't. And while the boys were running away, Mika took his time to stare deep inside the stranger's eyes. They appeared to be green, but Mika couldn't tell, it was too dark for him to actually see anything clearly.