The Deal Is Sealed

Kei watched as Satan explained the terms of the contract. He was going to sign the very bottom, and then take a pledge to not break the deal in any way, even though that is not possible, and he also had to agree that he only had three months until he was sent to hell. so only three months of having a friend. It's better than nothing, better than suicide.

Satan then stopped and snapped his fingers, he then lost his horns his sharp teeth and those red, red eyes. "you will also call me Luther and not Satan. You may, however, call me Luci as a nickname." he said handing Kei the contract and a black quill. he signed it and then stood up to hand it back to him "I think i'll call you Luci, i feel like it fits you." he said, smiling to the devil before him. "as you wish Kei" he said, almost like he didn't care, which he didn't care at all, but it was to be expected from the King of Hell. 

"time for your pledge." he said snapping his fingers and having the quill and contract be replaced with a long staff that had a small c that was glowing red. Kei gulped, he was not sure what that was for but he was sure he wasn't going to like it. "repeat after me" Luci said "I say your name," and Kei repeated "I Kei Bernstein," "promise to never break this oath," "promise to never break this oath," "and deal that i have sealed myself into" "and deal that i have sealed myself into" "I will also welcome the contract mark onto my side." "I will also welcome the contract mark onto my side." Kei repeated, getting nervous about the giant staff the Luci had just picked up again  after setting it aside. 

"lift up your shirt." he said "what? why? what are you doing with that thing?" Kei asked taking a step back from the man in front of him "hey, you made an oath. Now, lift up your shirt." Luci repeated, getting impatient "f-Fine..."  Kei said hesitantly lifting up his shirt, revealing many bruises, some old and some very new. Satan hesitated, looking at the boy's beaten body, and the scars that were on his torso, little did he know that Kei had scars on his legs as well. slowly he pressed the burning C onto Kei's left side, making sure that the entire C was on his body. Kei on the other hand was covering his mouth as tears rolled down his cheeks trying hard not to scream.

"done." Luci said taking it off and seeing that Kei's left side a burnt C, it was the mark of the Contract, all victims got one. he then waved his hand over it so it didn't get infected, the soul is not allowed to leave the body until the contract was over, that meant the body had to stay alive. "that really hurt. also how am i supposed to be able to take my shirt off with that there?" Kei asked, wiping away his tears "you don't" Luci said climbing down the ladder to the ground, Kei following behind him fixing his shirt when he was finally down "well i'm guessing you don't live in a tree house, so where is it you live?" Luci asked turning to face Kei.

"I live straight that way." Kei said pointing the way he came from "fine, lets go" "wait!" "what?" Luci stopped in his tracks and turned to once again face Kei "you cant come in my house." Kei said looking down nervously "and why not?" Luci asked putting his hands on his hips and taking a step forward "um...well-i-my da-you just cant." Kei said shaking his head at his stammering "it's because of your dad isn't it?" the other asked an almost sympathetic look in his eyes. "y-yeah" Kei said looking up at Luci.

"where do you expect me to stay then?" he asked, Kei shrugged "your Satan couldn't you just get a house or stay in a motel or something?" Kei suggested "or maybe i could stay in your attic, or under your bed, and in your closet, whispering dark things to you all night" Luci said, slowly moving towards Kei, towering over him with an evil smirk plastered on his face "n-no, um, y-you c-could s-stay in o-our guest b-b-bedroom for three months." Kei stuttered out, not wanting to anger the older and much more powerful male, "good choice" 

as they walked, Kei noticed the sun starting to rise, he began to really worry about the time. his phone had died almost an hour ago, and he knew that at a certain time his father would walk into his room and beat him until his nose bled. and he knew that if he was not in his bed by that time, once he got home his father would give him an even worse beating than that. Kei began to speed up his walk, "hey, slow down" Luci said ,but he ignored him picking his pace up so he was jogging home "HEY!" he heard Luci shout behind him, he stopped and turned around, he was running towards him "whats the rush? jeez" he asked, Kei looked in the direction of his house, he could see the roof.

"i need to get home before my dad wakes up" he explain getting ready to start running again, but Luci had grabbed his wrist "then why didn't you say anything?" he asked. suddenly Kei looked around and saw he was in his room. "i-um-how?-don't know why." he settled on the last answer. "i'll show you to the guest room, but we have to make it quick" he said grabbing Luci's hand and dragging him through the house, showing were the bathroom was, the kitchen, the basement, the front door (again) and the guest room "stay here until i come and get you." Kei told Luci and closing the door and walking into his room and in bed just in time to hear his father walking out of his room.

"wake up you little asshole." he said with a punch to his stomach, and then a hard punch to the face, drawing blood from his nose. "i'm up dad." he said pinching his bleeding nose "good, now get dressed and clean yourself up, i don't want to see your pathetic face until you do, you hear?" his father said leaving his room to get dressed himself "yes father..." Kei said quietly making his way to the bathroom to clean up and get dressed.

"It'll all be over soon, just have patience."