first day fumbles

It's my first day working as Michaels assistant and I'm already screwing things up I made his tea wrong this morning and his manager has been nothing but hateful towards me calling me a 'mooching street rat' well not to my face but to Michael in private I'm working for my keep I'm not mooching off anyone maybe I should just go obviously I'd leave the kids they're so happy here I swear the first night we were here rai was amazed that he got his own bed let alone his own room Quinn couldn't stop mentioning the fact that michael  had a chimpanzee and how he was so cute I love it here too michael has been more than a wonderful host but I will not be spoken poorly about by someone who doesn't even know me or my story . I head down the hallway towards Michaels office I make my way to the mahogany door and knock very lightly "yes come in " I hear michael say I open the door and slowly step in "oh kali it's you how's your very first day going " he smiles I just look down at the white marble floor "okay I guess" I sigh "what's wrong kali don't you like it here " he asks concerned "well of course it's just your manager I heard what he said about me ... Michael how can he judge someone he doesn't even know I don't get it " I begin to cry " Kali I've been dealing with that most of my life the tabloids print things about me that aren't true I'm judged everyday by everyone " he sighs "if you want to go you  can but I wish you wouldn't " he returns to his work "I just don't want frank talking about me that way michael " I frown "I'll talk to him just don't run off okay " he smiles "fine I'll stay oh Gretchen says dinner is ready I think the kids are already down there " I leave him and walk down stairs to the dining area where rai and Quinnleigh are waiting "hey kali ! " Quinn says excitedly "hey guys hungry?" I smile "starved kali " Quinn said with delight in her voice "me too " a voice from behind me says I look behind me and see non other than Michaels father Joseph I say nothing I just look down "what are you waiting on girl fix me a damp plate " he demands " Kali don't fix him anything joseph what are you doing here you weren't invited " Michael says sternly "you need to teach your made better manners " joseph snarled "she isn't my maid she's my girlfriend " Michael said "girlfriend huh well I'm sure you've told your mother " joseph says walking out the door "girlfriend michael I'm not your girlfriend " I said angered "I know that kali but if I actually told him where you were from I'd never hear the. End of it. So can you just pretend to be for me please ? " he smiles "being michael jacksons pretend girlfriend it's almost a dream come true haha" I smile "almost?" He questions "never mind I'd love to be your pretend girlfriend " I sit at the table with the kids and Michael and we had an amazing shortly after dinner, it was time to get the kids in bed. Michael looked at me and said. "Hey. Do you want to go hang out on the balcony with me?"
I said nothing, but gave a slight nod and followed him out to the moonlit balcony. "Kali I really enjoy having you here You've been such a great help and I love having the kids here. Have you ever have another problem? Don't be afraid to come to me because honestly, I'd rather you tell me so I can fix it versus having you leave on me. I care about you. I mean that.," Michael said. I stare off into the night sky. Thinking about what Michael said. Maybe he was right I should have just went to him first. But you know, sometimes it's hard. When you're upset. I go to bed at. Around 10 shortly before Michael. Tomorrow is just another day. But hopefully it's better than today.....