Get your rest, baby

Imagine having to stay awake at 5:30 am when your newborn twins are crying up a storm in their cribs

Imagine having to stay awake at 5:30 am when your newborn twins are crying up a storm in their cribs. You’re so tired because of drifting asleep a few hours ago and Chris promised he’d get up with the twins whenever either of them cried – clearly, that isn’t happening. “The twins are crying again. Chris, get up, boy,” you nudge your husband’s shoulder and arm for him to wake up, but he groans and pulls a pillow over his ear to drown out the noise. So you’re forced to go see about the babies and you’re upset because it’s his turn. You get each baby to rock in your arms and slowly paces to the edge of the bed to sit down and breastfeed. Then burps and calms down the babies with pacifiers. Lastly, you sing a lullaby to get each baby to fall asleep. But you’re the only one who falls asleep before either of them, and the twins are crying so loud that Chris is forced to wake up and take care of them. “Ya’ll throwing a fit because ya’ll want daddy?” He sits up against the headboard, reaching over to get the twins and sits 'em on his lap. He places kisses all of your foreheads when he's able to rock them asleep. You shift in your sleep when his soft, plumo lips touch your flesh earning a moan. “Go to sleep, baby and get your rest.”