Part #1

"Hello, Elite catering ", Sanyukta answered the call, cradling the phone in the crook of her neck, moving out of the grocery store carrying two heavy bags. Yoyo Anna , her driver, who had worked with her father for more than a decade came running to her and relieved her off the heavy bags. She smiled at him, gesturing a 'Thank you' and continued to speak over the phone.

"I will repeat your order mam. Two Pesto Pasta, One Garlic bread, one cheese pizza, one Masala dosa", Sanyukta paused and continued, "Thank you for calling Elite catering . Your order will be delivered by 8.30 PM", Sanyukta chipped disconnecting the call.

"Yoyo Anna. We have a delivery to make at 8.30 P.M. The order is from Benson Town."

"Sure", he nodded and ignited the car engine.

Sanyukta Aggarwal , A Chemical engineer by profession , commenced her career with a reputed Multinational company as a Process engineer. Her rich parents resented her profession. They wanted her to study Computer science and sit in front of a computer wearing an ID card but she wanted to study Chemical engineering and stand behind the microscope, dealing with the complex food science wearing an apron.

Her father called her passion as completely unnecessary and turmoil while her mother often said, "You are not born to be a cook. You don't know what a dignified job is."
But she paid no attention to them . She did what she loved. Her parents called her adamant but she did not care. She followed her heart. She moved away from her home town to Bengaluru, as her hometown did not have opening in Food industry. She chose to live alone in a small 1 BHK flat, where she felt independent and secure. It was a big society but the only person she knew was Mehta ji, her landlord .

Yoyo and his family lived ten minutes away. He was sent to Bengaluru by Sanyukta's father who was concerned about her safety.

Sanyukta's day usually unfolded at 5:00 am . She was zealous and perky. She worked in the morning shift in her company and returned home at 3 Pm. Once home, she would start her dinner preparations for 'Elite catering' which served both Indian and Italian cuisine . The idea of starting a Takeaway and Delivery restaurant germinated in her and slowly grew into an obsession. It was simple and unpretentious. Most of her customers were her office colleagues, their friends and their friends of friends. She wanted to make 'Elite catering' a big name .

As the car came to a halt, she walked inside the house, freshened up a bit and rushed into the kitchen to start cooking. She had seven orders for the day, of which three were to be delivered and the rest were takeaway. She turned on the Microwave and started raiding the fridge for Basil leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Sanyukta was sitting in a cafeteria near her office with her best friend and colleague, Tanya Sharma .

"Now that you have established your career, when are you planning to get married ?" , Sanyukta heard a voice which was feeble enough to escape the ear piece of her Tanya's mobile and reach her ears.

Sanyukta chuckled while Tanya just rolled her eyes irritatedly sipping some water.

Sanyukta smiled and glanced up to look at the bright sky with tiny scattered clouds . It looked beautiful. She always loved to fantasise and imagine stuff which couldn't happen in reality. One such silly fantasy of hers was a proposal. She wanted her Prince Charming to sing for her and propose her under the moonlight.
She was smiling at her thoughts when her trance was broken by Tanya's voice.

"CRAP.... Why do people always want to know what others are going to do next?? Why can't they just mind their own business!" , Tanya shook her head while Sanyukta smiled at her best friend and punched her arm.

"So , did you speak to your parents??", Tanya asked.

"Well ... I rejected a few marriage proposals which my parents brought for me last month. They had become quite upset about it and didn't speak to me for more than a week until last night, when I got a call from Mom "

"What was it about?", Tanya asked again.

" It's been more than a month, since I went home . She wants me to be there this weekend. Anyways it's a long weekend for us so I'll leave by Thursday evening after office hours "

"That's NICE.....", Tanya chipped turning her head.

"Blue shirt???", Sanyukta asked

"Naah ... that tall guy in Black checks is more sexy ", Tanya smiled sheepishly.

"So, you think that he is the most handsome guy you've ever seen?", Sanyukta asked raising an eyebrow.

Tanya winked at her and thought about her Prince charming. His tall frame, spiked hair, and that breath taking look made her go crazy.

"Huh!! Just one guy.. One good looking guy and the entire conversation is lost", Sanyukta sighed irritatedly and sat back folding her hands across her chest, not knowing which guy had registered himself in Tanya's thoughts.

****************************************************************************************