Chapter 5

After he moved his arm off Keri, he looked at his feet like he was ashamed. The three of us were looking at eachother with wide eyes and Keri was even more shocked. She asked him what the hell was going on but he didn’t seem to mind her. Although he gave her a kiss, I was kind of happy about what he did earlier. We went inside the cafeteria and I went straight to the line to avoid Cameron. When I turned around I saw him and Chris talking. I couldn’t see Cameron’s face but Chris looked pretty pissed off. I didn’t hear the lady in the cafeteria because I just couldn’t stop staring at them. What were they talking about?

-Are you going to take the food?

-I’m sorry ma’m.

 That’s when Chris saw me looking at them. He gave me a fake smile and I could see that he was hiding something from me. Were they talking about me? They wouldn’t. Maybe Chris asked him why he acted that way with Keri. I wasn’t going to ask him or anything. That would be too obvious, he could think that I like Cameron or something.

 As I sat down to our table Keri was already there. We sat at the same table since freshman year so I could call it ‘’our table’’. After Leah came Keri leaned to my ear and said;

-What do you think they’re talking about?

-I don’t know maybe it’s about some class or something.

-No, Cameron wouldn’t talk to him about that in…

 Her words get cut. Smack. I turn around and I see Chris at the floor. Holding his nose, blood everywhere. I just freeze, I don’t know what the hell I will do. I stare at his blood and his eyes and mine meet. I stand up and start running towards him. I kneel down next to him and;

-Are you alright? What the fuck happened here?

-I..I don’t know.

 I turn around and I see Cameron. His face red from anger, his knuckle slightly bleeding and Keri trying to hold his arm to make him go away. I look into his eyes and;

-What the hell Cameron?

-He deserved it!

-What do you mean?!

-He…He was… Talking about you for fucks sake.

-Why do you care?! Come on Chris we gotta get you to the nurse.

 I just hold Chris from his arm and help him get up. I hear Cameron calling my name but I scream a ‘’Fuck you’’ in return. Why did he even do that anyways? My hands were now covered in redness of Chris’ blood. He looked like he was in so much pain. I just started crying and he stopped walking;

-Wait, stop. Why are you crying?

-I don’t know it’s just…

-Do I look that bad?

 His shining smile through his blood makes me smile but I have to know the reason. They were bestfriends but I have to leave the questioning to another day. He looks like he can’t even breathe.

CAMERON’S *POV*

 I hear scream ‘’Fuck you’’ and as I try to take a step Keri holds my arm;

-What are you doing Cameron?!

-Keri stay the fuck away from this!

-Why did you even do this? For her? I’m your girlfriend, Cameron. Not her.

-She is my friend and I couldn’t let him talk like that.

-Whatever, I hope you know you’re going to get into really big trouble. You may get suspended you know.

-Yeah, I know.

 Everyone goes back to their seats and then I start feeling regret. Why did I do that? He is my bestfriend and she’s not even my girlfriend and I don’t even like her. But in that moment I just felt like I had to make him shut up. He wasn’t even saying anything bad. He told me he liked her and he had big plans ofr the party and he called her names. Some bad but some were like she was his girlfirend. When I tryed to make him stop he asked me why and I should just mind my own buisness. I couldn’t and he told me that Keri was my girlfriend not April. It was true but I couldn’t accept it. Then he said ‘’You chose the wrong bitch. I always told you April was better but you never believed me. Now I don’t even care if you like her. She will be mine. So you better just back off’’. Smack. That’s when I hit him. He called her a bitch and that she was his like she was some kind of furniture or something. I snapped and I know that she will never forgive me. He knows what he’s doing. If he’d fought back she would listen to the story and find me right but he just sat there. I know he acted like it hurt twice as bad and I know that he’s doing the ‘’I’m sensitive and fragile’’ trick. Of course she will believe her. I fucked up. Big time.

APRIL’S *POV*

-So will he be OK?

-He’ll be just fine, honey, relax. Is he your boyfriend or something?

-Oh, no. He is just a friend of mind.

-I don’t think that he thinks of you that way.

-What do you mean?

-While I was doing his bandages I asked hşm the same question and he said ‘’I wish.’’. Now he seams like he’s in the friendzone.

 The nurse giggles and I feel weird. Good that he can’t hear us but kind of weird about what he said. Does he want me to be his girlfriend? I just can’t be sure and I go back next to him. Some guy comes next to us and says that the principal wants to see him. He asks me if I could go I with him and I agree. We head to the stairs and he thanks me for sticking up with him. I tell him that it’s alright and he tells me that he has to wear the bandages to the party too. I tell him not to worry about it and we finally arrive to the principal’s office. Look who is making a trip to the principal too.