Chapter Two|| Bread? Really?

-Alpha Jackson above:)

{Scarlett's POV}

"At least make yourself look presentable." Mother scolded, trying to pat down my hair as I fought with her, pushing her hands away as we whispered to each other angrily.

"Enough!" My father whisper yelled. We both came to a halt: my hands around her wrist, her hands on my hair.

I looked around as people from the intelligence pack looked at us as if we were aliens. She pulled away from my hair, smoothing her shirt out as if that was going to make her look any less like she was from the sectors. I growled lowly, causing them to look away. 

We made our way to the center of the pack where the hearing would be held at the courthouse. As we passed the pews filled with immaculately dressed people, a thought hit me at how serious this was. I don't want to go to pack jail! I'm too young, and well... it's jail! We got to the front of the courthouse, guards stalking out to meet us and to take me by the arms. 

"Hey! What are you doing? Let go!" I tried struggling but they tightened their hold on me in response, they were too strong. 

"It's just a precaution, calm down. We're taking you to your seat, you are untrustworthy as of right now." A guard gruffly told me, glaring as if I was already guilty and sentenced. 

"It was a chunk of bread!" I practically whined out.

"It was resisting arrest." The guard snapped. I looked up and fought back a grin. He was one of the people I ran from. Ha, too slow.

Reluctantly, I stopped my thrashing and went with them, glancing back at my parents who were following close behind. This was so embarrassing, it was BREAD. Sure, I ran from the police, but a lot of people do; it's on TV all the time. So what? So, you're delusional, my subconscious spoke.

As the huge mahogany doors opened, people stood and waited for me to take my seat. Wow, they're going all out for me, I should applaud them and their audacity. The guards brought me to my seat and my parents sat behind me with other pack members who were wanting something to gossip about later.

"All rise," the judge announced, his hands raised in an authoritative look that made my nose crinkle in distaste. So many people in power that think they can hold it over people like me...
I glanced around as everyone stood and the judge directed his attention towards me. 

"Oh, OH!" I quickly rose to my feet and stood, my cheeks turning a light pink. Now's not the time to get all preachy, Scarlett.

After a moment we all sat and someone came sitting next to me as the judge talked to the guards.

"I'm your attorney." She stated matter of factly. My eyes widened at the woman. I can't pay for this.

"Don't worry. It's your basic right to one, even if you can't afford it." She whispered back setting papers out from her briefcase and organizing them.

"This is so stupid, bread, really?" She mumbled to herself.

"Thank you!" I erupted, throwing my hands in the air exasperatedly. Everyone looked at me once more, causing me to sink in my seat. I was definitely out of my place here.

My attorney walked up to the judge, handing him a paper and talking to him with the other attorney. They seemed to be in a heated discussion, and their voices kept rising until practically half of the courtroom could hear their discussion.

"That's absurd!" The persecutor claimed and the woman shrugged.

"You're really trying to make a young girl from the sectors pay a two hundred dollar fine? She was scared and she ran, it happens. It would be different if she was caught stealing jewelry or selling drugs, but a chunk of bread? Do you have no compassion?" She snapped at him shutting him up.