Chapter 8

Rosalie's POV
I ran to the entry way as soon as Edward left to go get Natalie. I was anxious to see her after what happened. She is going to heart broken when she sees Edward and Bella. After pacing for a few moments I heard the doorknob turn slowly. When the door opened a smile spread across my face. "Natalie..." I said looking at her. She looked sad, but complete in a weird way. "Rose." She said before rushing into my arms. I hugged her tightly and she hugged back. "Are you going to stay?" I asked. She looked down at the ground and shook her head. "I'll stay until Bella leaves until then I stay with Sam and the pack." She explained. I understood completely and nodded. "That's okay. Don't worry about it I'll hate her with you." I said linking arms with her. She laughed lightly and we went into the kitchen and Natalie looked at our family curiously as they made food.

Natalie's POV
I looked at my family in confusion as they made dinner? I walked to the counter and sat down on a stool. "So does she know?" I asked in a sarcastic tone. Emmett nodded hesitantly and I scoffed. "Doesn't surprise me. Why are you guys even making this much food for her?" I asked crossing my arms. "Natalie! She is part of the family." Esme said looking at me sternly. "She is what is going to get us all killed." I said walking out of the room. "I told them not to do this." I heard Edward say to Bella. I turned the corner and was faced with Bella and Edward. I gave her a harsh glare and Edward gave me a disapproving look. "They're in the kitchen." I said before running into the kitchen to where Rosalie was picking up a salad bowl. "They're here." I said sitting down on a stool. "I hope you're hungry Bella we made Italiano for you." Esme said moving in front of the counter. "She already ate." Edward said with a pained expression. The glass salad bowl Rose held was now shattered on the ground. "I just know you guys don't eat." She said with worry coating her voice. "That's very considerate. You'll have to ignore Jasper's behavior he is new to our new vegetarian diet." Carlisle assured her. "Jasper can control himself." I said loudly so everyone could hear. Bella looked at me with worried eyes as I felt my eyes turn coal black. "You all know what happens if she tells someone. We die, she dies, innocent people die." I snarled. Edward walked up to me. "You need to stop." His said in an irritated voice. "You know what's going to happen. I won't let it if it's the last thing I do. As soon as she even thinks about telling anyone she'll be dead before she even sees it coming." I said gesturing to her. Edward looked hurt and Bella looked worried as always. Rose put her hand on my shoulder and turned me to look at her. "Natalie your eyes." She said looking at me. I rushed into the bathroom and noticed my black eyes. I collapsed onto the ground and held my knees to my chest. Jasper was the first to come to me. He made me look at me and gave me a calming smile. Edward and Bella were the next and I felt Jasper tense up. "Get her out of here!" I shouted grabbing Jasper's shoulder making him turn back to me. Edward ushered Bella away, but he stayed. "Jasper I'll be fine." I said. He got up and took one look at Edward then to me and I nodded signaling him to go. "Why are you being like this?" Edward asked sitting next to me. He didn't say it in a demanding tone like he usually did. Sadness radiated off him and it made me sad. "I...don't want anyone to get hurt." I said sadly. He looked at me and gave me a smile. "Neither do I." He said. I walked out of the bathroom and into my room. I went into my closet and opened a chest full of memories over the many years. I pulled out a velvet ring box and opened it and looked at my mother's wedding ring that she gave me. I wanted one just like it when she was still alive. Her face flashed across my mind and it made me smile. She was the best mother I could've asked for. I read minds of the pack. I'm worried about her. Edward is so dead. I just want her to be with me. They were all of Paul's thoughts. I smiled and brought my fingers to my lips where his once were. "Thank you for standing up for me Nat." I turned around and found Jasper behind me. "No problem. I believe you can control yourself, Alice and Carlisle treat you like an aggressive dog and it bothers me a lot." I said taking his hands in mine. "I know, but they are the best things that have happened to me, you all are." He said smiling. "Hey I'm gonna go back to the reservation, tell Edward if he needs me to just give me a call." I said tapping my forehead. Jasper laughed and smiled. "I'll be sure to tell him that's what you're calling it now. I'll see you later Natalie." I grabbed my bag and jumped off my balcony and raced to the reservation. Paul was sat down against a tree near the border. "Have you been waiting here the whole time?" I asked before crossing the border. He stood up quickly and hugged me tightly. "I missed you." He said smiling. "I missed you too Paul." I said nuzzling my head into his bare chest. "Come on Jared wanted to apologize for what he said earlier." Paul said putting one arm around my waist. We walked out of the woods and Jared was waiting for us. "Natalie I'm so sorry about what I said earlier about your family. I didn't realize what happened." Jared said opening his arms. "I forgive you." I said hugging him. I heard a growl erupt from Paul. "Awe come on Paul you're my only one." I said walking back over to him placing a kiss on his cheek. "I know that, but still." He grumbled then smiled. I smiled at him and he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder. I laughed and just let it happen. He finally sat me down back near the border. "What?" I asked. He smiled at me sadly. "You need to be here. No matter how much I want you to stay at the reservation you need to be here to make sure that we track down those new vampires. Plus Jasper and Rose need you." He said taking my hand in his. "Fine after those vampires leave I'll come and visit you and the pack. I love you Paul." I pecked his lips and walked back to the house. Edward was waiting for me on the deck. "Paul filled me in on the details after you left the reservation." He said. I ignored him. I walked into the house with bag in hand and Emmett engulfed me in a hug. "Thank god you're back." He said. "Why?" I asked. "Because Alice threatened that if you didn't come back soon that I would have to be her new dress up doll." He said shuddering. "Well then you'll be glad that I'm here to stay. The pack needs me here and so do you guys." I explained. Edward walked past me and upstairs. "He needs to get his shit together." I said simply walking up to Alice's room. She tackled me in a hug. "Thank god you're back. Rose kept nagging me for trying to dress her up. Now let's have you try on some outfits." She said dragging me into her room.