Chapter 9

Paul's thoughts=BOLD
Natalie's thoughts=Italics
Natalie's POV

I walked into the field after meeting up with Sam. We talked about how they led the humans east. "You're here." Emmett said surprised. "Wouldn't want to pass up a chance to kick your ass Emmett." I retorted smiling. He walked up to me and hugged me tightly. "There's the Natalie I missed." He chuckled and walked over to Rosalie. I was currently in a baseball uniform matching Alice's and I had to admit I looked great. I made sure she didn't tamper with my clothes I had hidden across the forest for when I transformed. I walked to Esme and waited for Edward and Bella to get here. They walked into the field and I could hear a growl erupt from Rose. "Calm down Rose, we actually get to have fun." I said smirking. Esme walked over to them and told Bella she was umpire. I was at the batter's hill waiting for Alice to pitch. I hit the ball and it flew into the woods. I ran as fast as I could. "That has to be a home run." Bella said with a smile. "Edward is very fast." Esme said with a smirk of her own. I almost got to home base before Edward threw the ball back to Esme and she tagged my foot. "You're out." Bella said. I got up and glared at her. "Come on Nat it's just a game." Emmett shouted. "Guess I've been a sore loser all my life. Bad habits die hard." I said smiling at Bella. I mean as much as I hate her, I might as well get along with her. "STOP!" Alice screamed. I froze and so did Edward. They were coming, I could smell them. Natalie we're on our way. No don't come, they'll kill you if you come. Let me and my family deal with this. I turned to Bella and took off my flannel I had wrapped around my waist and had her slip it on while I let her hair down. "Thank you Nat." Edward said. Bella stood behind me, but at Edward's side. They entered the forest and the leader is the first one that speaks. "I believe that this is yours. I am Laurent and this is James and Victoria." He says. "Natalie you may speak to them." Carlisle said catching the ball that the leader threw. "My name is Natalie and this is my family. We remain at a permanent residence nearby. Your feeding has been causing us some trouble. If you don't mind me saying this and this is not to offend any of you I think it would be best if you left by tomorrow. For your safety and ours. " I said as I walked towards the black man. "We lead them east, you should be safe." Victoria said. "Thank you." I said smiling sweetly hoping that they would leave. "Have room for three more players?" Laurent asked. "I believe we do, a few of us were leaving anyway. You can take their places." I explained. Go now, take Esme with you. I thought to Edward not taking my eyes off Laurent and his others. "I'm the one with the wicked curve ball." Victoria says smirking. I turn around and nod to Edward and he nods back and turns away, but Bella's scent got blown to James. "You brought a snack." He says simply. We all turn to him and guard Bella. "Don't do this James." I snarled. He ignored me and stayed in his stance. "We understand that this is over, we will go now. James!" Laurent shouted. NATALIE! NATALIE ARE YOU OKAY?!?! Paul panicked. I sighed and watched them walk away. "Let's g-" Edward started. "No. We plan here first. This is what's going to happen. Bella you pretend to get in a fight with Edward and storm into your room and gather things. Edward will help you pack and then you'll drive off to the house. Give your clothes to Esme and Rose and they'll wear them and track the scent somewhere else. Me, Alice, and Jasper will take you to Phoenix and we'll wait until we can kill James. He's a tracker and this is his most entertaining game. Edward caused it and me and him will stop it. Edward you stay here and make sure James stays on course. We'll be fine trust me. Now go!" I ordered before running into the woods. I changed into my regular clothes and met Paul at the border. I crossed it and he brought me into a tight hug. "I thought you were dead. I'm so glad you're okay." He said squeezing me tighter. "I'm fine. I'm going to take Bella to Phoenix. I'll be back in a few days." I said. He let me go and I noticed tears running down his face. I wiped them away and made him look at me. "I'll be fine. Don't worry about me okay, make sure that none of those vampires get to Charlie. Okay." I said. "Okay." He replied. He kissed my lips before running off back to the reservation. I ran to the house it was getting dark. Edward and Bella pulled up to the house in her truck and Emmett was in the back. Alice and Jasper arrived minutes after. I grabbed her bag from Edward and pulled it open and handed clothes to Rose and Esme. "What is she to me?" Rose asked. I gave her a harsh glare. "Rose if this vampire kills the chief's daughter while she was with us he'll definitely accuse us of doing something." I said angrily as she slipped on the jacket. Bella got in the backseat with Alice and I got in the driver seat while Jasper sat in the passenger. I pulled out of the garage and started driving as fast as I could. Jasper hand clutched his armrest roughly and tightly. I grabbed his hand and he looked at me. "We'll get through this trust me." I said speeding down the road.