Prologue

Prologue

Daisy's P.O.V.

Stay calm. I told myself. You have to stay calm.

I knew deep down that staying calm wasn't an option. I whimpered as the blade pressed harder against the tender skin on my neck, blood trickling down my chest.

Phyllis looked at me, tears in her eyes. The woman who had raised me knew we were going to die. I was going to die.

"You know I could kill her," Sev said, his lanky figure meandering around the room. The guard pulled me in closer, his stale breath flowing into my ear.

"Do it," Phyllis said. "Kill me, you'll live with it for the rest of your pathetic life."

Sev rubbed his fingers together, stepping closer to Phyllis. He brushed his hand across her jaw, a stupid smirk spreading across his face.

"Maybe I will, but that's a risk I'm willing to take...." Phyllis's eyes grew with fear as they locked with mine. Why. Why was this happening?

Sev turned around and waved his hand in the air in a swift and soft motion. The guard holding Phyllis sickly smiled, whispering into her ear. I struggled in the grip of my guard, using every last bit of strength I had to get to her, but I knew there was no way.

I only watched, watched my own Aunt die. I screamed at the top of my lungs. I prayed for someone, anyone.

Tears flew freely down my face as Phyllis looked at me one last time. She smiled at me, she knew. We both did.

The guard moved his hands around her head, mockingly kissing her cheeks. He jerked his hands to the right, twisting her neck.

Phyllis collapsed on the floor, her body unmoving and still. I fought hard. Harder than I even have in my life. I kicked and punched and thrashed. Water clogged my vision and my throat was parched, but I didn't care. I screamed as loud as I could, I screamed for Phyllis.

The guard threw me to the floor, hitting me across the face. "Shut up!" He complained, his mangy breath entering my nostrils.

"Stewart, that's enough," Sev mocked, beckoning the guards to leave the room.

I quickly crawled over Phyllis, propping her still head in my lap. My breath was uneven as salty tears mixed with the open cuts on my flesh.

"What do you want from me?" I harshly asked.

Edward looked at me from where he stood, his mocking eyes prominent in the moonlight. My heart beat wildly as he bent down, tracing words on the ground with his finger.

"I want you to do whatever I tell you, honey."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N so um I don't really know where this is going but hopefully I'll find out. I have no idea when I'm going to be able to update next, but usually I update weekly if I'm feeling inspired. Thank you so much for reading and please vote and comment ayy lmao

And I dedicated this to @weyhey_harry because Psychotic is literally the reason I live and breathe oh my god Natalie you are amazing holy

-amy