Welcome to The Flock

Welcome back if you read the previous chapter, or if you're new then welcome to the story. Now some characters will more than likely seem OOC but I'm working on re-reading the Maximum Ride series to try and amend that little problem. Now then, on with the story! DISCLAIMER: I don't own Maximum Ride or Kingdom Hearts, they belong to James Patterson and Square Enix/Disney respectively.

I was expecting to be met with some new kind of horror-from-hell when I finally opened my eyes. But all I saw was just six new cages with normal looking kids inside of them, three on either side of me. A girl with light-brown hair with streaks of blonde running through it said, "Welcome back to hell kid. Hope you enjoyed your nap, cause only God knows when you'll get another one." I stared at her with hazy eyes, not completely understanding what she meant. A boy with blonde hair and frost blue eyes just stared quietly at me, curiosity and wonder running deep in his eyes. I barely managed to wheeze out, "Wh- who are you all?" My entire body felt like it was on fire just from the effort it was taking me to get up on my knees.

One girl, she looked African-American answered my question along with a couple other ones. "We're the Flock. I'm Nudge by the way, the one with blonde streaks is Max, the dark scary guy is Fang, the tiny blonde is Angel, the hot strawberry blonde guy is Iggy and the little frosty blonde is called Ga-" She was cut off by the sound of someone letting wind and next thing you know everyone was gagging in their cages. I think it was Max who said this, I'm not sure my eyes were watering too much to be able to see. "Gazzy! Really? You just had to interrupt the Nudge channel just when she was about to get to the good part?" I was more than a little disturbed by this, but at the moment I was more worried about breathing in what little fresh air that was left. When I could finally breathe normally again I said, "Okay, what do you mean you're the 'flock' is that like some sort of gang or what?" Max glanced at Fang as if asking whether or not to share some kind of secret, it was a little disturbing, to be honest, then she said, "We're not a gang, at least not in the way that your thinking, we're more of a family. A family, that your now part of." As she said those last words she pointed at my back.

Meanwhile in Disney Castle

"It's been three weeks and we still haven't found him! And now you have the audacity to try and convince me to give up on him and court you instead? Shame on you Riku Yoake!" A resounding slap could be heard throughout the castle as a redheaded girl ran out of the courtyard and back up to her guest room crying. Slamming the door behind her Kairi fell onto her bed, her shoulders quivering from the sobs racking her body. She had managed to calm down a little when she heard the door to her room open which was quickly followed by gentle, metallic footfalls and someone sitting down on the bed next to her.

"He deserved it you know." This was the last thing she expected to hear from her unknown guest. As she turned over she saw that it was Master Aqua Ishikawa, but to her, she was simply, "Mom!" Kairi reached up and embraced her in a bear hug, which Aqua fondly returned. About a year ago, after Aqua had been freed from the Realm of Darkness, she had adopted Kairi due to her parents being horrible drug addicts and constantly beating her. "I honestly can't believe that he'd do something like that, the nerve of that boy!" As Aqua said this she looked at the girl she'd come to see as her own daughter, still amazed by how much she'd matured from when she'd last seen her before being banished to the realm of Darkness to protect her friends, Terra and Ventus.

"He- he wanted me to give up on Sora, to court him instead! He even said and I quote! 'Why bother looking for someone who's so oblivious to his surroundings and would've died years ago if it hadn't been for Donald and Goofy, honestly you'd be better off with me instead.' Why would he say something so heartless! I though Sora was his best friend?" Aqua couldn't find the words to say, she was shocked that Riku would say something like that to Kairi, so instead, she simply held her daughter closer to her heart, deciding right then and there that they would find Sora if it was the last thing they did.

Meanwhile back at the School

I looked behind my shoulder and screamed. "Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" There were wings. Wings attached to my back! I could hardly believe my eyes, but there they were. Right there in the feathers. They were white, but they had flecks of black on them. Like a snowy owl. The flock tells me that I went a little crazy. Slamming myself against the sides of the cage, beating the floor of it, even ramming myself against the door. In the end, though, it was Fang who calmed me down, or I really should say shut me up. One look from him had me lying on the floor quivering right down to the tips of my newly discovered wings while he said, "Now that you're done with your animalistic panic attack would you like some explanations?" I simply nodded, I didn't trust myself to speak. "Okay then, first off what's your name?"

I quietly whispered, "S-Sora... Sora Hirabayashi." He nodded saying, "Well it's great to meet you Sora, as Nudge said earlier I'm Fang. Anyway your not the only one here with wings." As he said this he and the rest of the Flock extended their own individual sets of wings as best they could in the dog crates. Max picked up where he left off saying, "We're the results of experiments by the mad scientists here, before we were born, while we were still barely developing in our mothers wombs in fact, they injected us with something that resulted in us having two percent avian DNA in addition to our ninety-eight percent human DNA. This means that in addition to our having wings, we have lighter bones, air sacs, enhanced senses and sadly major appetites." Everyone else nodded in silent agreement, then Iggy said, "Your the first one who's ever survived the surgical change. Honestly, we're all kind of amazed that you even kept your sanity, really."

I sat there, quietly absorbing all this new information, when Gazzy said, "It's not all bad being one of us bird kids-" Nudge interrupted him saying, "I thought we agreed that we're Avian-American thank you very much Mr. Gasman!" Gazzy simply rolled his eyes at her then continued, "As I was saying, it's not all bad being an Avian-American, there you happy now? We're able to fly, some of us have unique mutations/gifts, whatever-you-wanna-call-them, Iggy can feel colors and Fang can sometimes go invisible when he sits perfectly still long enough." I had to stop him right there, saying, "Wait, we can fly! If we can fly why haven't you guys tried to escape befo-" At that moment the door to the room banged open and a Whitecoat walked in.

"Hope your not too tired, we've got some lovely plans for you this afternoon!" As he said this I half expected him to break out in an evil cackle. Then, one by one our cages were picked up by those freaky werewolf dog things and carried out of the room. However, just as we were leaving the room I heard something in my head say, "They're called Erasers."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I personally am really happy with how it came out, by the way, one thing I forgot to mention in the beginning, is that the events of KHIII never happened in this but they did manage to get Ventus Terra and Aqua back. Drop a Review and maybe Share if you enjoyed this story, take care guys!