Welcome to Beacon Hills...

After a couple of hours of being alone my dad got home from work. He was only there maybe ten minutes before we had to load up the truck and leave.

******

It was a long car ride but finally we came to a sign that read "Welcome to Beacon Hills" maybe twenty more minutes of driving went by before we pulled into the driveway of our new house. As soon as we got out of the truck my dad made me do all of the unloading ...alone. I was getting a couple of boxes when I noticed a tall skinny pale brown haired boy who looked about my age watching me unload the truck. I went inside to put some boxes in my room; when I came back outside there he was standing next to the truck.
"Ummm may I help you?" I asked trying not to seem too rude.

"No umm I was thinking the opposite....May I help you?" he asked stumbling on his words.

"Hmmm right...no thanks I got it." I said as I grabbed another box.

"Are you sure?...Because I mean I could help you" he asked as I started to walk away.

"Yes I'm sure you can leave now." I said trying to leave again.

"Okay...Yeah I'm not taking no for an answer." He said as he grabbed a box too.

"I'm Stiles by the way" he said with a grin on his face.

"I'm Grace... what kind of name is Stiles?" I ask.

"It's a nickname, trust me you wouldn't be able to pronounce the real one, so what brings you to Beacon Hills Grace?" He chuckles.

"My step mom had to move for her job and my dad decided we had to go with her....in the middle of my sophomore year." I said sounding a bit irritated.

" So you're a sophomore?...Me too...but anyways you don't seem too happy with this.." He said as we put some boxes in my room.

"I'm not exactly thrilled with it I found out about the move two days ago" I answered as we walked back downstairs.

"So I take it you don't like your step mom?"

"Not really no."

"Do you mind me asking why?" he hesitated a little.

"Yes I do mind actually." I said slamming the van doors before giving him a stern look.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to-"

"Grace get in the house!" My dad yelled interrupting Stiles.

"Uh I have to go...I guess I'll see you around...it was nice meeting you." I said as I backed up toward the house.

"Yeah...nice meeting you too."

I just knew I was in trouble by the tone in my dad's voice so as soon as I got into the house I ran upstairs to my room.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" my dad yelled as he chased me into my room and shut the door behind him. As soon as he backed me into a corner with nowhere to run he started wailing on me.

"Next time you'll think before getting someone to help you with something I told you to do yourself!" He yelled as he kicked me one last time before leaving me in a ball in the middle of my bedroom floor crying.

Once I pulled myself together I decided I needed to get ready for bed considering my first day of school is tomorrow.

*Stiles' P.O.V*

When I got home all I could think of was the fear in Graces eyes when she heard her dad yelling for her. I mean the man seemed like a complete ass; I probably shouldn't be judging him though maybe he was just in a bad mood. I lay there in bed for a while thinking of her and our encounter. She seemed so closed off and I couldn't help but see a tinge of sadness in her eyes. Maybe it's just the move, what do I know I only talked to her her for 10 minutes.