chapter 3

I finally got home and put my bag on the ground, taking out all of my books to finish homework. I had so much to make up. How the hell am I suppose to finish this? I thought, but still did my best. I was listening to my favorite song, Blood Sweat and Tears. I forgot who it was by but it made time go faster. I think I spent about 5 hours. My back was throbbing because I was sitting on the floor, bending over to write. It was 9:45. I yawned and got ready for bed.

7:22. Already late. Still sleeping. Forgot alarm. 7:39. Still sleeping. 7:52. Still snoring. 8:00. "OH MY GOD." I looked at the clock on the wall. "MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM NEXT TIME WOULD YA WAKE ME UP????" I blasted from the bedroom to the kitchen then the bathroom then moms car in less than 10 minutes. I threw on Sky's shirt and the leggings from the dirty laundry basket. I grabbed my Toms and flew out the door. 8:16. "Seriously mom?? Why didn't you wake me?" I asked while combing my hair with my fingers and trying to look somewhat decent.

"Sorry! I was busy with Sky. He couldn't find his homework he worked all night for! Okay, we're here. Go! Have a great day, love you!" She stopped the car and I sprinted out. 8:28. This better be the world record for getting ready the fastest. I dashed into homeroom and acted like nothing happened. That was when I realized. No breakfast. No lunch money. No homeWORK???? I had had a panic attack when NamJoon walked in on me having a meltdown. I didn't care. The class president stood up and everyone stopped talking.

"Remember that you guys have gym before lunch, so no enrichment. Ah Ran, since your new here, every Tuesday and Thursday, we have gym instead of ELA." Jae Hyuk explained.

I looked down. I was wearing toms flats then fainted inside.

***

Gym came. Detention came. And behind me, the girls came. I was sitting on the bleachers and those girls walked up to me like a bunch of snakes. "Wow, great second day of school Ah Ran." Jin Ah laughed. I pretended to ignore her and tried to walk away. The other girl, Young Jae, grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back down and forced to sit me down.

"Maybe you should do something to your hair. It looks crispy." Young Jae hissed as she twirled my hair and pulled on it hard that I fell to the ground. That was when I started thinking about Busan. It wasn't this bad in Busan. I want to go back, nothing has been going well here. Maybe this is a sign to move back. I hate this place. I teared up. Busan was home for me. My grandma was right. You don't know what you have until it's out of your possession.

"Omg!! Jungkook! I didn't see you there! Hey!" Bo Nah, the other girl cheered, flirtingly. I was still on the ground. Tearing up more, distracted from what she said. "I looked for you everywhere!" Bo Nah exclaimed. Jungkook was silent. I wasn't even sure if he was there anywhere. I saw a shadow grow taller near me. He knelt down and lifted my face gently.

"Are you okay?" he softly said in a low, gentle voice.

I looked up and tried to cover my tears. He probably wouldn't understand why I was crying.

"Yah! Jungkook, heads up!" someone yelled from far. There was a baseball flying straight to him. His back was turned to it, so I saw it directly then reacted like an idiot. I quickly pulled him to where I was sitting and slid to where the ball was headed. The last thing I saw was Jungkook's face, shocked and horrified. Then, I saw black.

***

I woke up with excruciating pain on my upper neck and lower head. I woke up in a neckbrace and couldn't touch my neck, or even move. I looked around as best as I could with only my eyes. The one thing I knew was that I wasn't in school anymore. There were monitoring screens, nurses, and curtains that wasn't all the way closed. I jumped when one of the nurses flung open the curtains. "HOLY JESUS" I boomed. I guess my neckbrace couldn't help with the pain afterwards. She apolozied and continued to treat me. She carefully removed the neckbrace and massaged my neck slowly and carefully. She told me to turn on my sides so she could get a better look at the bruise. My hair was in a messy ponytail so it was easier for her to see. When I turned to the side, I saw Jungkook standing in the waiting room outside by the little space gap in the curtains. He looked worried and still surprised.

When the doctors left to look at a picture of inside my neck just in case, I asked them to open the curtains. I looked around the waiting room, but Jungkook wasn't there. Maybe he had to go back to school. The person next to my bed was a young, almost my age guy who was sleeping. He looked bad in color and was sweating all over. Knowing that it wasn't my business, I fell asleep.

I woke up with hard breathing noises. I was breathing fine. I looked to my right. There was nobody on that bed. I looked to my left. The same guy. Drenched in sweat. Breathing loudly. No doctors or nurses near.
"Hey! Wake up! Are you okay? Hello?" I asked, concerned. No reply. His chest was rising mountain high to river low. I looked at his monitor screen. His blood pressure was rising now. I didn't know what to do, so I got up from my bed, and went to him. I felt his forehead. Showered in sweat. It was as hot as boiling blood. I ran out to the front desk, which was very far, I had to run. My neck was intensely hurting, but that guy seemed in need of help more than I did. "Hello? The guy next to me is sweating, breathing weirdly and his monitoring isn't good. Can you take a look at him please?" I panted.

"I'll send a nurse soon." the front desk person, Dr. Mark, was calm and peaceful at all of this. A professional doctor is telling a girl, wearing a neckbrace, limping, telling a guy is nearly dying, to wait? I think very much not.

"HE NEEDS HELP NOW. GO HELP HIM." I lost my mind. It was shocking to me how much I cared for strangers. First, I help Jungkook from a deadly baseball, then I'm risking more damage to my neck by helping out this poor guy. Dr.Mark's eyes widened and ran.

"Thanks for helping him out. Even if we didn't see him for 10 minutes, he would have suffered from a seizure. I can't believe we didn't see this coming. Thank you again Ms. Lee." Dr.Mark reported. I nodded and went back to my bed and waited for him to wake up. His name was Kim Taehyung. I kept my eyes on him until he finally woke up.

He looked confused and exhausted. Dude, same. He got up and grunted in pain so I got up alarmed. "You okay?" I asked quietly, not to scare him. He turned to me. "Who are you?" The nurses from another room heard and opened the curtains. She explained that I was the one to help you from a deadly seizure. He turned to me and looked in my eyes. I could feel his heart saying thank you. I smiled lightly and he smiled back. I was so focused in Taehyung, that I didn't notice Jungkook. When I turned to see him, he was walking away, throwing out a beautiful rose and a card. He seemed... mad?

"Thanks." Taehyung whispered sweetly.

***

I got my final check up to make sure completely that I was okay. It was getting annoying because the nurse was chewing gum VERY obnoxiously. I had to almost yell at her to get out. I heard her call my name, but I didn't look back. I ran outside until I was near school. I took out the neckbrace, which was a little dramatic for the hospital. I wasn't going to be paralyzed, jeez. I dreadfully walked the whole way back to school, ready for all the laughs.

1:04.