Prologue;

A typical summer in Gravity Falls. Children's cheers of excitement when the soft tune of the ice cream truck spreads across the radius. Vacations were being planned, public pools were re-opening, and a another fun summer was ready to begin.

Not for Mabel Pines.

The twenty year old girl went back to the sleepy town of Gravity Falls to clear her head. With her brother away from college, she just had to get away from her nagging parents. She was done. Done with being alone, done with being compared to her brother, done with being criticized, done with not being smart enough.

Mabel just wanted to talk. To be with someone that she could trust and care for.

Piedmont California was suffocating her. The city life was great in the beginning, but everything seemed to be going so fast... City folk weren't enjoying life to the fullest. To them it was all about making money. All about being famous. All about themselves. Gravity Falls was her very last resort; her very last resort to find hope, to find happiness, and to find her purpose.

Gravity Falls taught her so many lessons about friendship, forgiveness, family, and most importantly, love.

At first she thought love was all about summer romances or hot boyfriends. No, she now knew it was so much more than just that.

Love is such a strong, beautiful, and powerful word that people often misuse.

Mabel found her kingdom come. Her own summer romance that she would always dream about when she was twelve had finally come.

On a particularly lonely evening, Mabel finds herself wandering on the sandy beach as the sun hid itself behind the mountains and pines that casted an eerie shadow around where she among the bay.

She sat in at the edge of the rotting dock, staring blankly at her rippling reflection. The least thing she would expect is for her reflection to break and be replaced with the face of a tan male with hair of the California sunshine on a hot July day.

The tragic love story now begins between a playful and charming siren and a lonely girl that is desperately searching for her happiness before the demons below the lake take her over.