Change Of Plans

Bang!

Robin was startled awake when he heard the door to the barracks burst off of its hinges and land with a thud on the floor, Demons pouring inside and slitting the throats of the still groggy and confused men.

Robin felt someone drag him down to the ground and shove him under a bed. He was relieved to see that it was Brad, motioning for Robin to keep silent before they started to army crawl towards the doorway that was now empty as the Demons finished pouring in.

A Demon stopped them in their tracks, blocking them off from their escape by standing in front of the door with its claw like hands raised. They were rescued when Tyler stabbed it with his sword through its stomach, causing it to disappear in a cloud of black smoke that left only a sulphuric smell behind.

"Follow me!" Tyler ordered, Robin and Brad gladly obeying as they ran down the path, Tyler slicing through every Demon they came across until they managed to reach the castle and dart inside.

Robin froze when he felt a blade pressed to his throat, his blood turning cold as he waited for his attacker to make a move.

"Stop Mark!"

Robin managed to turn his head enough to see Boss Jack standing close by with Signe, both of them relieved to see Robin.

"Sorry." Mark apologized gruffly before releasing his hold on him, sheathing his sword.

"We were surprise attacked in-"

"I know." Mark silenced Tyler by holding up a hand. His face seemed to age over the span of a couple of hours, even though he was only twenty-seven.

"WHERE'S THE BLACKSMITH?!?" Mark shouted over his shoulder.

A man with dark brown hair and a thick beard came running inside brandishing a sword, offering it to Mark.

"Thanks Ken, but he needs it." Mark jerked his head in Brad's direction. Ken nodded before handing the sword to Brad. It felt perfectly balanced in his hand as if it had been made for him.

"Here." Jack pressed a small dagger with a green eye on the hilt into Robin's hand.

"Stay here." Mark commanded Amy and Signe somewhat forcefully as they started to open the door.

"And let you have all the fun?" Signe smirked as she waltzed up beside Jack with a green crossbow in hands.

"Count me in." Amy hefted a war hammer over her shoulder.

As soon as they opened the door, Mark almost wished they hadn't. Blood stained the ground, bodies of his and Jack's men littering the ground. Cry's spirits were all gone, leaving only the handful of men left cornered at the barracks.

"This way!" Mark beckoned the others as he started running towards the barracks.

"Not so fast Mark."

Mark jumped back in surprise when two Demons materialized in front of them. Both were dressed in all black, but the one that spoke had a baritone voice much deeper than his, as well as raven black hair and pitch black eyes. The other Demon had dark emerald green hair and a horizontal line of blood across its neck.

"What do you want?" Mark demanded.

"Isn't it obvious?" The dark green haired Demon chuckled, its voice high pitch.

"I am Dark, rightful ruler of the Demons and this land." Dark declared.

"Anti is my handsome King." Dark traced a finger along Anti's jaw with a smirk.

"Go back to wherever the hell you came from!" Jack snarled menacingly without a trace of fear in his tone.

"Be careful what you wish for." Anti warned before suddenly reaching for Jack. Unprepared for the attack, he wasn't able to move away fast enough. He felt hands wrap around him before darkness enveloped him.

"Mark!"

"Sean!"

Signe and Amy cried in unison as the two rulers disappeared, taken away by the Demons like Felix and Marzia.

"We have to help the people left." Cry reminded them, calm as ever with his neutral expression mask unchanging.

The group managed to help the men left fight off the rest of the Demons much to everyone's relief.

"Damage report." Tyler commanded Matt.

"M-My brother-" Matt swallowed hard, unable to continue as tears spilled down his cheeks. Robin could see the men he met earlier in front of the barracks standing around a man with short curly dirty blonde hair, blood staining his chest.

J-Fred.

Even though Robin barely knew him, he felt a pang of remorse for the man.

"I'll tend to him. Who else?" Amy pressed urgently.

"Arin's badly hurt, Thomas and Nate got caught in the crossfire, and Danny's MIA." The man Robin recognized as Mike reported.

"I'll help." Signe volunteered.

Together they tended to the wounded while Tyler, Robin, and Brad prepared a funeral pyre for all the people killed.

"Anyone missing?" Tyler questioned Mike once he finished taking care of the dead.

"No one can find Brian and Danny-"

"We're over here." A man with thick dark brown curly hair dressed in a robe interjected, gesturing to the man dressed as a ninja beside him.

"Thanks Danny." Mike nodded in appreciation.

"Don't try walking for a long period of time." Amy advised Nate as she bandage his bleeding leg.

"I don't need to walk to play." Nate offered her a weak smirk that Amy returned with a smile of her own before helping him stand.

Arin had a deep cut on his torso, but thankfully Signe was able to stitch him up.

"I can already hear Logic and Anxiety fighting in my head." Thomas rolled his eyes as Amy moved to bandage the scrape on his arm. He assured people that he had multiple personalities that could be seen, but no one could see them, so everyone assumed he was crazy.

Amy figured they were probably right.

"Morality says thanks." Thomas grinned once Amy finished.

"No problem." Amy replied hesitantly before standing up, brushing the dirt off of her blue nightgown.

"What do we do now?" Robin asked Jack with a worried frown.

"Simple," Cry sighed as he sat down on the ground.

"We wait."