Chapter 2

It was still dark out, the endless chirping of crickets filling the blue hero's ears as he laid down next to his slumbering ally. Now though, things were a little different. Sonic hadn't expected his actions to go this far, in fact, he had only entered Shadow's tent with the intention of dozing off next to him. Then again, he also didn't plan on him being so soft and warm.

Surprisingly, Shadow has just been sitting there with no more than a broken shudder or purr every so often. Sonic sighed, planting a kiss on his cheek as his fingers brushed down his stomach once more. Shadow growled quietly and stretched out his legs before slowly curling them between his loose blanket.

Hoping for no more sudden movements, the hero gently traced his fingers along the length of his erection, surprised by the warmth he was feeling there. Sonic curled up his body so that he could get a better grip, something he was just dying to achieve. After gently caressing it for a few moments more, he finally decided it was a good moment to begin his devious plot. He wrapped his hand around it gently and licked his lips in anticipation, slowly beginning to slide it up and down with great care not to awaken him.

The black hedgehog leaned his head back and moaned, clearly enjoying himself in whatever dream was playing out in that mind of his. It wasn't just the sound of his voice, Sonic thought. No, he could feel something else that was proof of it. Between his legs, the blue hedgehog could feel Shadow's tail swishing about frantically. Shuddering, he could feel the very tip of that slender appendage tickling the very entrance of his body that needed Shadow the most. It was started to excite him beyond imagining; thoughts of intense bouts of pleasure filled his mind, yet he knew that tonight might not be the best to try and have a go at it.

Sonic growled and licked the base of Shadow's ear, his hand movements only becoming more intense with each passing second. Shadow was staring to pant heavily into his pillow now, and it only really made Sonic more determined to draw the whole thing out for as long as possible. The heat radiating from the two bodies was blown away suddenly by a long gust of chilly wind. It didn't take long for that tiny candle to fizzle out, leaving the two of them in utter darkness.

Not being one to be afraid of the dark, the hero began squeezing harder in his attempt to make Shadow falter. He must have been doing something right; Sonic could feel the black creature's pulse down there. It made him feel so hot he could just scream right then and there; but he quickly dismissed the idea. Not two full second following that very thought, he heard Shadow begin purring out love-calls. It was nearly too much for him to stand. In fact, he hardly noticed Shadow's hand gently tracing its way down his arm. Sonic gasped at the feel of it against his own body. He wasn't awake, but it was like he knew someone was there.

That tail of his hadn't stopped moving at since it had begun. Not that Sonic had many complaints about it. However, he wished the thing would stop teasing him like that and just push itself inside him already. He let out a tiny growl in frustration, trying desperately not to think about it anymore. Turning his full attention back to what he was doing, a thought came to him that sent a wide smile across his muzzle. The Ultimate Lifeform sure could last a quite long time without giving in. Sonic had to have been doing this for more than eight minutes, and still the dark creature hadn't released yet.

More of those pleasured moans hung in the air as Sonic continued pumping roughly with his hand. He was glad it hadn't ended yet; the smell and taste of Shadow's fur was beginning to have an almost euphoric effect on the blue hero; he couldn't get enough of it. Sonic slid his hand skillfully back up to the very tip of Shadow's erection and massaged it with his thumb, purring lustfully. Leaning into that perfect body, he began nibbling all around his back and shoulders, no longer paying any attention to what was going on. Shadow's body suddenly tensed up, spreading out almost lazily as it happened, an intense growl rumbling in his throat. There was a sudden sensation of warmth that splashed out into the palm of his hand, sending a shivering tingle down Sonic's spine.

Shadow continued laying there, breathing in deeply and purring as he exhaled. Sonic slowly brought his hand to his face, shuddering loudly as he licked away the mess. It wasn't anything he has expected really; it was much better. His ears shot up as he heard Shadow start grumbling. Was he waking up? The sense of excitement and satisfaction suddenly made way to the thought, 'Oh, fuck!' Sonic quickly reached behind himself, grabbed his gloves, and shot out of there quicker than you could recite the meaning of life. Then he tripped over a log and fell face-first in the dirt.

***

The blue hedgehog hardly knew if Shadow had indeed woken up then. It was morning now, and he decided it was best if he stayed as far away as possible until everyone woke up. He sighed and rubbed a good deal of water onto his body from the small stream feeding into the lake. After last night, he thought it would be a good idea to take a nice, lonely bath. Sonic frowned and sat down in the water, his ears drooping back as he heard the group begin to greet each other good morning. 'Hey, there he is!' he heard Knuckles jeer. A few moments later, he turned to face him as he jogged up to him. 'You're nuts, man! That water must be freezing!'

'Oh uh... it's really not that bad. Besides, I needed to clean off... sleeping in the dirt, you know?' he replied with an awkward smile. 'Just hurry up will you? We're gonna have breakfast soon. I'm cooking this time!' the red echidna huffed proudly. Sonic nodded and stood from the water, shaking off a great deal of water before slipping on the rest of his gear. A quick run dried him off before he joined the crew around the fire again.

Then he, like the idiot he thought himself to be, almost ran right into the creature he was dreading to face all morning. 'Oh! S-Shadow! Good morning to ya!' he said in a cheery tone. Sonic, in turn, was greeted with the usual scowl Shadow usually carried around with him. 'Sleep well? I know sleeping out in the open isn't exactly your style.' Sonic said with a wink.

Shadow stretched his arms and smirked wickedly. 'Actually... I did sleep pretty well last night.' he said quietly. Sonic beamed inside, almost throwing himself into Shadow's arms right in front of everyone. 'Great, glad you're enjoying yourself.' Sonic replied before going around to say hello to the rest of the group. He hadn't noticed Shadow keeping an eye on him all throughout breakfast that morning.

END OF CHAPTER TWO